[Kernels] Version 0.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Feb 23, 2011.

1. subyfan

subyfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have something weird going on then because I am using the exact same setup with no issues. If you use Clockwork try and go to recovery, clear the Dalvik Cache and reboot. If this doesn't fix it then it probably has something to do with conflicting files or modules from a previous kernel. Good Luck!!!

2. Reserved Name

Reserved Name Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a bit of kernel whore lately, especially since switching to GPA. I didn't think the kernel modules would stick around after flashing a new one, but I guess that could be a problem. I just wiped dalvik cache from CW, flashed pete's kernel from chevy's and rebooted. Went to terminal emulator, did the same dance, bootloop while waiting for compcache start.

3. subyfan

subyfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Modules CAN sometimes be left behind...trust me I know this from last week where I was flashing every compcache-capable kernel and module under the sun to try and get compcache working at boot (FREAKING NIGHTMARE). If I were in your situation, I would do a nandroid, backing everything up except system...wipe data and cache as usual, flash GPA12 and kernel, then restore data (making sure you backup your apps using TiBa, Android Commander, or some other method so you can restore them). If this doesn't work it looks a totally fresh install for you. I think that should though.

4. DJNight

DJNight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do these work with bugless too? or just the 2.3 stock version?

5. Reserved Name

Reserved Name Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had so many bootloops, even while trying 1.20lv from Pete. At one point I was just bootlooping from the lockscreen, before I could access anything. I restored a nandroid backup and got back on chevy's kernel. Temporarily it said compcache not found when I tried the command. After another swap, chevy's has compcache working so I'll stick with that unless it bootloops or of course pete updates.

6. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try loading multiple kernels. if your phone goes into a bootloop you can do a battery pull and load another kernel.

7. Reserved Name

Reserved Name Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just hold x while it's rebooting and it goes to CW recovery no need for battery pull :)

8. RedRumy3

RedRumy3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, 1.2ghz running good. No problems everything smooth and fast.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

9. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Getting a bootloop also. The only kernel that seems to work right is a P3 1ghz. Any body have any suggestions other than a total wipe and reload. I use TiBu, but it still takes a while to get everything back to where I was. I did to a 3x wipe before installing GPA12 and have been flashing kernels to try them out. I reflashed GPA12 without wiping, and Pete's kernels still won't work without bootlooping. Any suggestions? Thanks.

10. jrod1990

jrod1990 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RZ's 1GHZ kernel worked for me, that was the first kernel I flashed after GPA12

11. Eckyx

Eckyx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete, can I have two custom kernels made? RZ made me a few and I'm quite pleased with them, but I would like to try yours.

I would like the following slots/voltages:

mhz : dec : volt
    250 : 24/26 : 900/925mv
    400 : 28/30 : 950/975mv
    500 : 32/34 : 1000/1025mv
    600 : 36/38 : 1050/1075mv
    800 : 46/48 : 1175/1200mv
    1000 : 58/60 : 1300/1325mv
    1200 : 76/78 : 1550/1575mv

Thanks!

12. bh56

bh56 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on GPA12, with Slayher Kernel Pete posted originally. Overall, pretty good performance and such. A few times when using GPS, phone seems to heat up.
    A couple of questions.

• How do you pick which speed kernel to go with of Pete's new relases?
    • If upgrading from Slayher, can I just upgrade it with ROM Manager. I'm assuming I don't have to do the "Wipe Data and Cache"
    • Can someone inform me what the "ext modules" are. I've not been able to find out what this means to me. So I don't know if I can save the space and remove them.

Search tags for this page

droid flash a new kernel low v 1.1 ghz