Kernels Tested

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
regarding your number 2. now keep in mind i cant run chevy kernels on my phone they cause random reboots. damn finicky phones.

1 thing ive read is by default if plugged it it runs full speed. setcpu has an option to not do this. so you can try delting cpu boost(if the when scren off settings dont do it ) go to additional apps to delete apps listed at the bottom under the install apps. than install set cpu and use profiels to run at lower speed when plugged in and see if this fixes your problem.
my problem has not been being plugged in to usb or the wall
but if i put the phone on a dock it heats up on every kernel no matter what.
there may be ways to set this in the source itsself but than someone wouldnt like that so we are leaving things like this up to the user.

2 things so far.

1. P3Droid kernels seem to work great with this rom. Im still doing some random testing but so far no problems. Haven't tried compcache yet. I want to try a few more kernels before I get into that.

2. I now have been trying chevy's kernels and I am getting a lot of heat issues with them. Some unexplained issues also such as temps over 50 degrees Celsius when the phone is sleeping or charging. Not sure if it is the rom or my phone but I have used chevy's kernels before with MIUI and have not had this issue. I just dont think that they do not mix well. I am going to skip the rest of chevy's kernels since it has happened on every MV, LV, and ULV that I have tried so far. Dont want to continue heating up my phone that much. ;)

dmf77

Reaction score
Thx eagle, and thank u for this rom! A donation is definitely comin ur way! Sorry, forgot to mention, I have an og Droid 1, I just use the milestone app to oc that particular kernel past 800mgz...

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hey

yeah i had that idea for the rom and tried taht program and it didnt work so i went searching elswhere :)

cpuboost wont over clock the kernel your using?

dmf77

Reaction score
Yes cpu boost works perfectly fine, but with the cm 6.1 kernel, its only overclocked to 800mhz. With the milestone app, I can change the frequencies to whatever I want to in each slot, and change the voltages in each frequency! Once that is done, I can use cpu boost to oc that kernel to whatever I have it set to. Just need to know what to put in build prop for the model #, instead of sourcery, for it to work. Thank u for ur replies!

TMYINC

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about trying that out. I hadn't used setcpu in a while due to roms having native overclocking. This is just the first time I've had heat issues at all with my phone. Sorry,I was not insinuating that it was your rom. Just thought I would report back what I found.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you guys mention temps please specify battery or cpu temps.
cpuboost only uses battery temp.
I was going to try p3 stuff today if feeling better.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I apologize about that. I was referring to CPU temp when talking about Chevy's kernels.

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thank you for clarifying, I expected it was cpu but wanted to be sure.

does P3 use interactive governor?

Last edited:

jhuntdog

Reaction score
My phone really likes Webster's 800mhz kernels. If I want to load the webster kernel that shipped with Sorcery 1.0, should that be fine? Can I just boot to recovery and install the zip taken from Sorcery 1.0?

Does Webster have a website or place where his kernels live?

Thank you.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Yeah P3 kernels use the interactive governor. Thats one of the main reasons I use them and slayhers. I used tempmonitor and system task panel to check temps. Also use system task panel to monitor and record CPU activity over time.

OP
dmacleo

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone really likes Webster's 800mhz kernels. If I want to load the webster kernel that shipped with Sorcery 1.0, should that be fine? Can I just boot to recovery and install the zip taken from Sorcery 1.0?

Thank you.

I don't know but I would be hesitant to try as I think they had found issues with this.

Yeah P3 kernels use the interactive governor. Thats one of the main reasons I use them and slayhers. I used tempmonitor and system task panel to check temps. Also use system task panel to monitor and record CPU activity over time.

ok will try a few and also look at his cifs modules.

listenman20

Reaction score

Thank you.

someone else requested the v1.0 kernel as well....should be able to go into recovery and restore boot from your nandroid of v1. the boot partition is your kernel...from what i've always understood of the partitions

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I've been running the 800 mhz webster kernel w/ compcache working and haven't had any reboots/problems. Would like to try a 1ghz webster kernel but have no idea where to find them.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

flyinion

Reaction score
Just curious on the P3Droid kernels. I found his website but other than the actual kernel I don't know if I need any of the extras at the bottom of the page? I've never manually put another kernel on other than different speeds that were offered specific to a ROM so I don't know what those extra modules do. I.e. I wouldn't want to lose functionality because I put a "base" kernel on and missed some other options that might be combined in with ROM specific ones.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
No you don't need those extra modules at the bottom of page. However if you want to be able to run compcache you would need p3's ramzswap module.