Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can I safely assume you mean the froyo tag? If they have released something other than that, what is it? I've built the froyo build, but since this was posted today I assume there must be something new ...

What chevy?

If your talking about the market, in the frf84b leak the build.prop has 2.2 release-keys for the market instead of the previous test-keys that were leaked before.

Was I wrong about what you were talking about?
Pm me or gtalk you know ill chat all day with ya :)

Cool, I may hit you up later ...

What I mean is you talk about Moto releasing the kernel new kernel source and that is what P3 compiled from - I have built the 2.6.32 tag for the kernel - is there something new past that?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are the usual themes still coming today? Perhaps some port of the winning Independence Day themes for the holiday weekend?

Curious about themes also.

Themes probably won't be officially released until the end of the weekend, with the exception of smoked glass. Just got that one done so sniffle will be posting it once he uploads it.

I have to head out for awhile so the other ones will have to wait, but from what I can tell there should be no real reason why the 0.6.2 themes won't work too. I hope that helps people :)

DreamOperator

Reaction score
I wiped, then loaded this rom, then installed the winning Fourth of July theme. No apparent issues, though this is my first time on Sapphire and I was only on the rom for a short time (forgot to save ADW settings, didn't feel like doing it all again right now).

I will say the rom felt smooth with the stock kernel. I also liked the extra features, like reboot/reboot recovery in the Phone Options menu and the interface for scripts. The boot animation is slick too! I'll be back very soon!

Is Nextheme in the works for this rom?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wiped, then loaded this rom, then installed the winning Fourth of July theme. No apparent issues, though this is my first time on Sapphire and I was only on the rom for a short time (forgot to save ADW settings, didn't feel like doing it all again right now).

I will say the rom felt smooth with the stock kernel. I also liked the extra features, like reboot/reboot recovery in the Phone Options menu and the interface for scripts. The boot animation is slick too! I'll be back very soon!

Is Nextheme in the works for this rom?

I was going to work on porting it but I can't seem to find help from anyone =/ I'll bug a few people until one of them helps me then I'll work on porting it. I want to port that and another theme so I really want my questions answered before I try and mess up.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are the usual themes still coming today? Perhaps some port of the winning Independence Day themes for the holiday weekend?

Curious about themes also.

Themes probably won't be officially released until the end of the weekend, with the exception of smoked glass. Just got that one done so sniffle will be posting it once he uploads it.

I have to head out for awhile so the other ones will have to wait, but from what I can tell there should be no real reason why the 0.6.2 themes won't work too. I hope that helps people :)
RedLINE seems to be working fine.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I installed the market fix but my apps wont install. It only shows the purchased ones :(

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Have you tried installing the Fourth of July theme on 0.7.0 as it is?

I just read a post in the thread "are themes specific for each rom" stating that themes by roberj13 support multiple roms. At a brief glance, it seemed fine to me.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Have you tried installing the Fourth of July theme on 0.7.0 as it is?

I just read a post in the thread "are themes specific for each rom" stating that themes by roberj13 support multiple roms. At a brief glance, it seemed fine to me.

I don't see of anyone in the thread who has tried it, so I can't really say if it will work or not. If you do try, make a backup before doing so.

diverbelow

Reaction score
After a backup of course, did 3 wipes and a clean install and the oddity I experienced was no weather updates, not on the Genie widget or Beautiful widgets. Did a restore and load of 0.7.0 over 0.6.2 and things are working great. Not sure what happened on the clean load, although I didn't try it more than once, probably just an oddity, but figured I'd mention.

Excellent release as always ... Dan

I am also having the weather not updating in Beautiful widgets and in the browser. Working on creating an account to file this bug, but waiting on the site. This ROM is awesome!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
After a backup of course, did 3 wipes and a clean install and the oddity I experienced was no weather updates, not on the Genie widget or Beautiful widgets. Did a restore and load of 0.7.0 over 0.6.2 and things are working great. Not sure what happened on the clean load, although I didn't try it more than once, probably just an oddity, but figured I'd mention.

Excellent release as always ... Dan

I am also having the weather not updating in Beautiful widgets and in the browser. Working on creating an account to file this bug, but waiting on the site. This ROM is awesome!

Mine doesnt work either :(

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome I just ran scriptybox and switched to Eliot Stocker music app.

I've been experiencing the same problems as most with market, and voice search.

Weather bug works fine here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk