Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are their any features in this release specific to P3Droids Kernals, ie: If I used Chevy's kernals, which I believe use the AnyKernal format, would I lose the abillty to use a certain feature?

I read the Wilki and was a bit confused.

Thanks and GREAT ROM!

serveitup911

Reaction score
The problem with TeslaLED for me is that it makes the beeping/clicking noises like it's trying to engage the camera before the LED turns on. Mototorch was always silent, which is a big plus.

white_ash143

Reaction score
TeslaLED actually engages the camera for some reason. But comparing it to any other flashlight app, it's at least twice as bright.

mightybrick

Reaction score
Ok I've been running Sapphire 0.7.0 since it came out. I installed over 0.6.2. Everything has worked great until yesterday. Now I have a problem with a couple of the widgets. For some reason my Battery Left widget quit working. I had to drop and reinstall for it to show correctly. This has never happened before and also I have a ringer toggle widget that I turn silent/vibrate/ring on or off, but it won't work. I can reboot the phone and they will be fine, but then they start acting up again. This has happened like three times since yesterday morning.

Also cvpcs or sniffle, can you get a fix for the MotoTorch? I used mine pretty regularly. I know Chevy has one, because I used it before I switched to Sapphire.

Thanks for any help. I am loving this ROM and not planning on switching to anything else. Mmobley has a sic Orange Theme he's planning on porting to Sapphire and Kookahdoo has his new emerald them. I like both of them.
A big thank you to cvpcs and helpers for this ROM. It is by far the best I've tried.
OK, so I'm not the only one. My widgets have quit updating/redrawing as well. The powercontrol widget no longer updates when toggling wifi or others on and off. And the twitter widget no longer update either, along with Beautiful widgets, etc. I don't know if this is an issue with sapphire or adw launcher. Which launcher are you using? I'm thinking of swtiching back to launcherpro to see if this continues.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not sure if it helps but my setcpu, battery left, all touchdown widgets work right on launcher pro.

Quantify

Reaction score
Ok I've been running Sapphire 0.7.0 since it came out. I installed over 0.6.2. Everything has worked great until yesterday. Now I have a problem with a couple of the widgets. For some reason my Battery Left widget quit working. I had to drop and reinstall for it to show correctly. This has never happened before and also I have a ringer toggle widget that I turn silent/vibrate/ring on or off, but it won't work. I can reboot the phone and they will be fine, but then they start acting up again. This has happened like three times since yesterday morning.

Also cvpcs or sniffle, can you get a fix for the MotoTorch? I used mine pretty regularly. I know Chevy has one, because I used it before I switched to Sapphire.

Thanks for any help. I am loving this ROM and not planning on switching to anything else. Mmobley has a sic Orange Theme he's planning on porting to Sapphire and Kookahdoo has his new emerald them. I like both of them.
A big thank you to cvpcs and helpers for this ROM. It is by far the best I've tried.
OK, so I'm not the only one. My widgets have quit updating/redrawing as well. The powercontrol widget no longer updates when toggling wifi or others on and off. And the twitter widget no longer update either, along with Beautiful widgets, etc. I don't know if this is an issue with sapphire or adw launcher. Which launcher are you using? I'm thinking of swtiching back to launcherpro to see if this continues.

I was also having this problem with facebook widget running on ADW Launcher. I ran zipalign_apks, which had some interesting side effects (lost all my account syncs, and more importantly FC'd ADW Launcher). Since then, I've had no problems with the facebook widget, or anything else. As always, YMMV...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I gotta say it, its smooth, its cool, it runs like stock plus more (better). Some of the roms I have tried had all the features but could not run the basic stock features.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey Dev; while yall theming. Can I get an NFL theme for football season.

hawkfrost89

Reaction score
I am running ADW launcher right now. I was on Launcher pro in last version, but like I said it just started in the past day. I've been on 0.7.0 since it came out. I've had zero issues until yesterday. It's only happened once today, so it's very confusing..
:icon_eek:

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Mototorch 2.8 works fine for me on this Rom.

Mightybrick did you do a clean install with wiping data and cache?

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I have not had an issue with widgets not refreshing their information.

BullDroid

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the new kernels? My phone used to be able to run 1.2 no problems. But ever since Froyo Im lucky if it runs 1.1. Just tried loading both the 1.2 and 1.1 sapphire only kernels and both got me stuck at boot. Yet I can run Chevy's lv 1.1 just fine??? why is this??

Forgot to mention im on sapphire .7.0

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If you are trying the 1.2 LV try the 1.2 SV and vice versa (maybe you tried that?)

If you have done that it's just one of those things. Some devices are finicky like that when it comes to ROMS and kernels. There is no rhyme or reason to it....

BullDroid

Reaction score
If you are trying the 1.2 LV try the 1.2 SV and vice versa (maybe you tried that?)

If you have done that it's just one of those things. Some devices are finicky like that when it comes to ROMS and kernels. There is no rhyme or reason to it....

Yeah I tried different voltages too. It's werid though because it also seems to be based on the Rom im running as well. For example I was recently running the Onix Froyo Rom and Chevy's 1.2lv was working for me on that rom (although with an occasional reboot) but it hasnt worked since (wont even get past boot screen).

Also I just flashed a 1.1 kernel from jdlfg in Rom manager and it worked great (p3's 1.1 made for sapphire did not?) Also I tested Quadrant scores to see if switching kernels made any difference. here is what I found...

1.0 p3kernel Quadrant score - 1,197
1.0 jdlfg kernel Quadrant score - 1,300 (difference of 103 points!)
1.1 jdlfg kernel Quadrant score - 1,440

So my question is how is it possible Im getting better scores and can run a 1.1 kernel stably just by using someone else's kernel? are they that different? Something to think about for those having issues with certain kernels anyways!