Kernels for PE 4.2

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by hansumstranger, Feb 11, 2011.

1. hansumstranger

hansumstranger New Member

I know this is a question asked numerous times and that each phone reacts differently, so I've been trying different kernels with 4.2 to see which one fits mine the best from a performance and battery life stand point.

So far, performance with 4.2 has been awesome (Thanks Mr. Actngrezy and others involved). But, battery life can be better.

Slayher's and P3 were ok. I just flashed Chevy's LV 1.1ghz and hoping this will work the best. If not, I may just go back to P3. That ran the coolest.

I'd love to know what others have found so far. Are there any other kernels out there that I may have missed? Your experiences?
  2. Zepius

Zepius New Member

below is a link to all the kernels except for RZ's and jamelle's i think

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/115728-best-droid-1-kernels.html#post1189612

i personally use slayher's LFY SLV kernel. it runs the coolest for me. I cant run cvpcs (sapphire) kernels, i boot loop that one. chevy's runs the worst on my phone and i cant use his ULV. P3's is close to slayher as far as stability, but the SLV is much better for my phone's battery.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

I'm running chevys ulv1.1 and it don't go over 100 degrees. Still have like 60% battery left at the end of the day (6am-11pm). This is the kernal that I have found that runs the best for my phone. I've tried p3s and Sappire and they run a lil on the hot side (over 100) if I'm just browsing...

Can anyone post a link to rz kernals I would like to try those out just to see what happens.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I use the stock kernel which is a Slayher 1100mhz BUT, i toned it back down to 1000. I found that for some reason, when i was using the browser it heated up and didnt work at 1100. However, at 1000 everything is good to go. My phone never gets hot to the touch and my abattery last me from the start of the day to the end of it whcih is what i care about.
  5. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

AhHa! I did the same thing! When I chocked it down to 1000MHz everything works smooth as butter and no overheating at all.
  6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

is slayhers 1.6 kernal the stock one for this rom? or the lfy ones?
  7. Zepius

Zepius New Member

8. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

I'm currently using rz kernal. It is working very well so far. I recommend others to try it. I just flashed it last night so I'm going to give it a full day or two but so far its good to go.

9. ironick7

ironick7 New Member

Using chevy 1.0 ulv. Doubled my battery life vs. Stock. Still running fast and smooth
  10. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

What's your batt life looking like? Like how many hrs you getting?
    How much use; ect...
  11. hansumstranger

hansumstranger New Member

Chevy's didn't work out too well for me. Phone started getting super laggy, froze a couple times and started getting hot quick.

So, I went back to P3 LV 1100, SetCPU at 900 interactive... and man! tell you what, this is working out awesome! Everything is smooth, battery life is well over a full day with decent use (some calls, surfing, apps, etc.), and temp stays pretty nice and cool (low 70s).

Now, all I'm waiting for is 4.3... LOL! The "want" never ends :)

Good luck, guys!