Kernels by jdlfg

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by jdlfg, May 29, 2010.

1. samsonite801

samsonite801 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Compcache and /etc/init.d support

jdlfg,

Just to start, I'd like to say your kernel rocks on my Li-Mod ROM.

I have one request though. Would it be possible to add in support for /etc/init.d so we can add in our own user scripts to run at boot time?

Kind of like they explain here: [KERNEL/RECOVERY] Vibrant EXT2/3/4 OCv4/Stock with init.d support NO WAKE LAG 8/28/10 - xda-developers

I don't really care necessarily about the ext2 support they did in theirs (although I suppose down the line I might have a desire for it), but mainly it would be nice to be able to start my own things easily from /system/bin or just run scripts in general.

I do love how your kernels are built very light and run really fast, but I also wanted to ask if you wouldn't mind testing out support for the Compcache feature. Another user named Slayher has built a kernel with Compcache and it seems to have benefit to me as it gives me a larger virtual swap memory because when I lock my home launcher in memory, then I can't fit much into other apps and so for example if I am typing a letter on a forum using browser and if I get a call, since the OS can't flush my home launcher out to keep my letter cache from the browser, I get a phone call and it flushes the browser out of memory and I lose my letter. When I was testing Compcache there for a few days, it seemed to help me have more memory so this wouldn't happen.

But I switched back to your kernel because it runs insanely smooth and fast. But init.d support and Compcache support would be icing on top. I don't think they would be super hard to implement (but I could be wrong), the Compcache might be more challenging than the init.d support.

Anyway, please let me know what you think about these add-ons, and if you might want to mess around with them.

2. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UD 10
    Does not show battery, auto shuts down, doesn't run very fast, doesn't get detected by the battery meter.

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I've been running the 1 ghz version and it's always worked great. Very fast and no problems at all.

4. jdlfg

jdlfg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I very tempted to say you downloaded the eclair kernels you need to try from the links below.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No Google Goggles with rooted kernels that do not have IPv6 support (whatever the heck that is) and it seems JDLFG's do not I just found out

6. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I use his and goggles works great.

7. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IPv6 is the addressing scheme that will replace the nice and simple octet (eg 192.168.1.1) nomenclature that we all know and understand to something much more complicated. The reason for this i dont know, but i suppose i could Google it since Chrome is donating money to charities for each tab i open today

8. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IPv6 was created to make more addresses for internet devices since we have used up somewhere around 98% of IPv4 addresses. Some people state that we'll run out of addresses by sometime in 2011.

9. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0

Meh, just NAT half of the country. The class a/b/c architecture gives you a near infinite amount of possibilites ;)

Search tags for this page
dijdlwfrg
iejdnlfg
jbldlfg

jdlfg

jdlfg kernel
jdlfg kernels
jdlfggf
jgdlfg