Kernels and Petes BB.V.04 Froyo 2.2

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use p3 droid kernels you get insane battery life, well insane for running at 1.2 ghz anyways. Their great because the lowest slot is 125 rather than 250. This kernel with setcpu gives me a full day of battery life.

Now that Froyo seems to be able to handle 125Mhz coming out of sleep/standby, that's the only thing missing from Chevy's (at least to try)

bill d.

Reaction score
use p3 droid kernels you get insane battery life, well insane for running at 1.2 ghz anyways. Their great because the lowest slot is 125 rather than 250. This kernel with setcpu gives me a full day of battery life.

with moderate use (a lot of texting, some wifi and 3G use through browser/facebook/twitter/etc, brightness turned all the way down unless I'm outside), I got almost two full days out of my stock Droid battery. and only half of that was with data turned off (since I realized that you can turn data completely off when you aren't using it with Froyo). Hoping to repeat that today and tomorrow. We'll see.

Captmilk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eschy

where are the p3 kernals located in rom manager. I usually just download a kernal and install.

Eschy

Reaction score
P3Droid Kernels this is the site i dont use rom manager premium so im not sure if they are in there. Just download it and install from sd on rom manager

Floridroid

Reaction score

with moderate use (a lot of texting, some wifi and 3G use through browser/facebook/twitter/etc, brightness turned all the way down unless I'm outside), I got almost two full days out of my stock Droid battery. and only half of that was with data turned off (since I realized that you can turn data completely off when you aren't using it with Froyo). Hoping to repeat that today and tomorrow. We'll see.

How do you turn off data on froyo? I will be out the country next week and I want to make sure I dont get a insane phone bill.

erikfig

Reaction score

How do you turn off data on froyo? I will be out the country next week and I want to make sure I dont get a insane phone bill.

That's what I'm talking about, work like a charm on my v0.4 Froyo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jer

Reaction score
I loaded BB v0.4 along with chevy1 ulv 1.25 and my phone has NEVER run this well before. No combination of ROM or kernel has given me this kind of performance coupled with battery life and cool temps.

mjforte

Reaction score
To the people using P3 Droid's Kernels is your screen off profile 125/125 and do you notice any problems with the phone waking during calls or should it be set 125/400?

karnaj

Reaction score
Installed the Chev ULV 1.25 so far my Moto Droid is rocking! Now I just have too figure out why it won't mount the SDCARD too install a new rom or atleast a theme.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
With the overclock widget I got from the market it lets you specify screen on / screen off settings but it seems to only toggle between the two setting profiles on a normal screen on event. When I get a text message or call it doesn't toggle right and if you have the screen off set to a min and max of a low MHz the phone becomes quite sluggish. I think the part of the app/widget that detects screen on events needs more work.

tu3218

Reaction score
If I try a ULV kernel an my phone doesn't boot up, what's the next step? Do I have to take my sd card out of my phone an connect to my computer an drop another kernel on my sd card an install that way?