Kernels and Petes BB.V.04 Froyo 2.2

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm at work and just spent about 40 mins searching for Koush's anyrom.zip kernels to use with my BB.V.04 as stated by pete. I want to upgrade to 1ghz and i can't find them.

All i can find is Chevy's ULV nd LV kernels, but no Koush's. I don't care which kernel i use as long as it doesn't give me problems with Petes BBv.04 froyo 2.2.

I've read a few people had issues when applying the chevy's LV kernels so i wanted to skip that kernel. Can someone re-direct me to the proper kernels I should use with my built? Thank you so much!

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I heard wifi did not work that is why i did not want to risk it. Thank you so much.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem I had with Chevy's kernels was with the ulv. The lv one's work fine on v0.4. I am now, and have been for a long while, using P3Droid's 1.25Ghz kernel.

P3Droid Kernels

bill d.

Reaction score
+1
I tried chevy's lv 1ghz and the wifi-tether won't work properly...

if you're trying to use the built in tethering programs, thats a Froyo problem and not a BB problem. the built in programs take you to a VZW site or something...

As far as kernels go, my phone is running a 1ghz ULV kernel from Chevy and my battery life has gone through the roof. Coincidence, maybe, but I'm still giving the credit to the kernel.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Question, LowV i'm assuming low voltage right? MediumV medium and Ultra Low? Is the lower the slower ? Also the lower the less battery it uses i'm assuming right ? Can someone explain to me how it works so I can download the one that best fits my needs? Thank you.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
+1

if you're trying to use the built in tethering programs, thats a Froyo problem and not a BB problem. the built in programs take you to a VZW site or something...

As far as kernels go, my phone is running a 1ghz ULV kernel from Chevy and my battery life has gone through the roof. Coincidence, maybe, but I'm still giving the credit to the kernel.

Oh I missed read that, I thought he meant WiFi in general not the tether, just normal wifi. Thanks.

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
+1

I'm trying to use the wireless tether application from the market, and my laptop can connect to it, I just can't get any data through...tried with my gf's ipad and the same thing happens.

I heard it was because of the lower voltage of the kernels, but what do I know? :) Maybe I should try one of the P3 kernels???

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
What is the difference between Low voltage and Medium voltage and ULOW?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Question, LowV i'm assuming low voltage right? MediumV medium and Ultra Low? Is the lower the slower ? Also the lower the less battery it uses i'm assuming right ? Can someone explain to me how it works so I can download the one that best fits my needs? Thank you.

Ultra low
Low
Med

refers to voltage used so power/battery life also lower heat, not speed. Lowervoltage does NOT mean lower speed

1.25Ghz has slots fo 1.25,1.1ghz,800,700,600,550,250 (i think those are the slots) and lower speeds just have a lower max.

although some phones due to hardware differences just can't run some ulv or lv kernals, it's the phone not the kernal or rom.

bill d.

Reaction score
+1

I'm trying to use the wireless tether application from the market, and my laptop can connect to it, I just can't get any data through...tried with my gf's ipad and the same thing happens.

I heard it was because of the lower voltage of the kernels, but what do I know? :) Maybe I should try one of the P3 kernels???

Ah, I haven't read about any problems with tethering caused by his kernels; then again, I never have a need to tether, so its probably something I don't pay attention to.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I am using jdlfg's 7 slot 1 Ghz froyo kernels on BB.V.04 and I have yet to see the same performance, battery life, and low temps on any other kernel. I haven't tried chevy's new ULV 1 Ghz froyo kernels but if anyone who has used jdlfg's kernel and switched to chevy's ULV could tell me if they noticed a difference (good or bad), I would greatly appreciate it. =D

Eschy

Reaction score
use p3 droid kernels you get insane battery life, well insane for running at 1.2 ghz anyways. Their great because the lowest slot is 125 rather than 250. This kernel with setcpu gives me a full day of battery life.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
use p3 droid kernels you get insane battery life, well insane for running at 1.2 ghz anyways. Their great because the lowest slot is 125 rather than 250. This kernel with setcpu gives me a full day of battery life.
I've been using P3's kernel and it's been working great.