[Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, May 31, 2011.

1. adrianb

adrianb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. Sounds like Ondemand or Conservative for me then. I bought two batteries just in case i got stuck somewhere I couldn't charge.

Thanks so much for the help!

2. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    In layman's terms minmax is probably the most responsive (other than performance but don't run that lol) but not good for the battery
    Next would be smartass for responsiveness- still not good for battery, then interactive (my personal choice) it has much better battery life, ondemand is probably the best balance for performance and battery life

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    With Chevy's kernels you don't have much to worry about for battery life ;) conservative is good for a setpcu profile for low battery though

4. Nezdude87

Nezdude87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed the 1.1Ghz lv kernel. While set to "performance," my CPU temp was 87 Fahrenheit and the battery was 96.8 Fahrenheit after running 4 Quadrant Standard benchmarks in a row. Now, after being idle for 3 minutes, my CPU is 69.8 and my battery is 89.6, both Fahrenheit. I haven't connected to 3g yet, as I don't have any where I am today, but I'm curious as to how hot it'll get when I do. I'm also curious as to how much battery life I'll get. What are the average "good" battery life times and average temperatures? I'd like something to compare to.

I have a Motorola Milestone btw. Turns out most people were wrong about even the cdma versions being "unhackable" :p

5. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Those numbers seem right about average, I'm running 1.25Ghz ulv running the screen and being on the forums all here on and off all day and I have about the same temps or a little lower but it takes a little time for your phone to get used to the new kernel before it really starts running great

6. adrianb

adrianb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I installed the 1.2 kernel ulv kernel and my droid is bugging out. i.e. apps crashing, going into sleep mode by itself..etc.

Do you think I should just clock it down to 1.1 with the 1.2 kernel or should i load the 1.1 kernel?

7. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    If you still wanna try a 1.2 go for the lv one (low voltage) ulv= ultra low voltage
    But yes, in general a kernel that doesn't run right on your phone won't work any better if its clocked lower so flash a new kernel

8. northendtrooper

Ratings:
    +0
    Try the lv or medv and see what it does.

9. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you like the speed (or faster) try the next higher power rating (Low Voltage or Medium Voltage) instead of Ultra Low Voltage.

Remember, even though Ultra Low Voltage may appear to work on your phone, you may run hotter with it due to less-than optimal power related execution faults. Every phone is different both in hardware tolerances and software load. The faults and the heat can cause your phone to be unreliable and/or to use more battery.

This takes some testing, so make sure to download a good variety of power-spec kernels in the speed ranges you are interested in so you can find the kernels that run best on your phone. Good luck with it! dancedroid

10. adrianb

adrianb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the 1.1 ulv just now, still seems choppy, though no crashed apps yet.

Gonna try a mv kernel next.

11. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    It would be better to go for the 1ghz kernels instead over 1ghz with a mv kernel cuts battery life and more importantly it usually runs pretty hot

12. adrianb

adrianb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I meant lv instead of ulv. not mv

Search tags for this page
best kernel for gingerbread
chevy ulv 1100
chevyno1
chevyno1 kernels gingerbread

chevyno1 og droid kernels