[Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, May 31, 2011.

1. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    i remember you saying you turned off logging on your kernels...to lessen battery use.

i assume this will have to be manually turned on if using on another rom? or am i remembering something else? Im using your medV 1100 on MIUI 1.8.26 and it giving me an "error" when turing on wifi & im trying to get a acatlog and its not logging anything.

starting having issues after MIUI went to 2.3.5 GB builds

2. bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Will the 2.3.4 kernel you have posted work on a 2.3.5 rom?

3. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Yes, it will

4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was running rooted Froyo until today, now on CM7.1 (GB 2.3.5) for my OG Droid. Wanted to continue using Chevy's 1.1GHz 7-slot uLV kernel (2.6.29-xx), but when I did that, USB mounting of the SD card didn't work - it didn't detect the connection at all; it works OK on Pete's 1.1LV kernel, but it's only 5 slots and I'd like uLV if possible.

Does Chevy have a 1.1GHZ uLV 7-slot kernel out for GB that will work well on CM7.1?

I always ran Chevy's kernels on Froyo and was VERY happy with them.

Thanks!

5. hellomcfly

hellomcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've used chevy's ulow 800mhz and 1.0ghz with CM 7, and they worked great. simply stunning is built from CM anyway, so i assume all of the kernels should work. did you see if USB mounting worked with the stock kernel when you installed 7.1? it may not be chevy's kernel that is causing the problem.

6. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey chevy....I have a small request sorta....can you update your kernels with smartass v2 which is supposed to be better....and also now that kernel.org is back too....pretty please...also without the 125mhz slot and only 250...I don't know too many droids who run that....pretty please?

7. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if that's the problem I faced, but Smartass caused me all kinds of problems on this Kernel. After digging deeper (from stuff learned on the Overclocking 101 thread) I found that it wasn't even going below 550MHz ever... not sure why it would do that. I'd love to see a better smartass governor, if such a thing works!

8. bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll trade stable wifi over battery life.

9. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it works with the stock CM 7.1 kernel and Pete's 1.1 LV kernel. I just downloaded and reinstalled Chevy's 1.1 uLV kernel for GB and it seems good so far. Thanks.

10. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wifi works fine... the phone just seems to do weird things though (both my Droid and the wife's Eris) when running Smartass. Like I said, the overclocking 101 thread showed me some more info, like that the ROM stores the "time in state" and I found that under Smartass my phone never was in a state lower than 550MHz... that's just wrong. OnDemand (which is where I am now) is using all the states properly, which is good... of course, this morning, my phone was locked up hard, and quite warm from just sitting on the charger overnight, so who knows what else is going on here!? More digging to follow...

Just to bring this back to the original point, I don't blame Chevy for any of this. But, I was intrigued to hear about Smartass V2... that's all. And I wanted to give some of my (bad) experience on this governor.

For reference, the OC101 thread is located here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html
    Of note are his follow up post about "Bugless Beast 1.1 and the discovery" where he describes the CPU time-in-state file and such... and where I found my issues with Smartass. I'd love to hear from others if they have similar experience with Smartass and time-in-state.

Lastly, FYI, I am running PE4.2 as a ROM, not SS... again, nothing against Chevy... I'm actually considering coming back to SS soon, but I'd rather fix what's broken than just jump around blindly/mindlessly! (It's the problem-solving engineering side of me!)

11. CarbonRink

CarbonRink New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed the ultra low 1.0 kernal on my droid using cm7.. so far it is great.. love it.. great work!

12. frostyicy

frostyicy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you flash a kernel the exact same way you flash a rom?

Wipe data factory reset, data partition, and davlick data???

Search tags for this page
best kernel for gingerbread
chevy ulv 1100
chevyno1
chevyno1 kernels gingerbread

chevyno1 og droid kernels

download chevy 1.1 ghz kernel for droid 1

froyo kernel

gingerbread kernel
gingerbread kernel number

kernel froyo