[Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, May 31, 2011.

1. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    N00b question but, can anyone tell me what compache does. Is it supposed to speed up my phone? Which percentage should i choose in CM settings?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Swap_and_Compcache

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. snowboardwcu

snowboardwcu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    greetings everyone. i've been researching this issue for quite some time, and can't seem to really hone in on the problem. so here it is...

i have two identical OG droids both running SS 5.4. one has 1ghz lv kernel, other has 800mhz lv.

the one running the 800mhz is suck through the extended battery in less than a day. android OS usage is off the charts (always like 50-80%). i have moved from the 1ghz-ulv to the 1ghz-lv to the current 800mhc-lv kernels. i can't seem to get a break with this battery life.

the battery is relatively new and worked fine until i put SS5.4 on the phone, so i'm counting that out. there aren't many apps on the phone, and the only difference between the two, besides kernels, is one isn't activated on vzw.

additnl info:

the better droid can run for 2 days at 100% battery, sitting IDLE w stnd battery. granted there's no cell network searching, but still.

i tried getting rid of jrummy's android overclock, didn't make a difference.

am using ONDEMAND now, was using INTERACTIVE, haven't noticed a difference.

found some research hinting toward android OS battery usage and undervolted kernels. thus why i moved through the three kernels.

this is my gf's phone, and she isn't happy about me fooling with it so much....

any ideas?

4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Unfortunately the best answer I can give is no 2 phones are exactly alike, each one seems to have preferences over which roms and kernels run better...a suggestion though is trying other people's kernels or even switching roms (liquids is closest to simply stunning as far as options and project elite would be second closest)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. snowboardwcu

snowboardwcu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah no two phones are alike. its funny how different mine is to hers. hers is so much pickier.

i've run liquid on mine before, can't complain too much, only had bluetooth skips on audio. i may just go the route of pete's GPA16. she doesn't need all the frills, i just want her to have a wonderful, battery saving experience.

i'll have to look into project elite. never used it. thanks for the tip.

6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Project elite is pretty good. I get about 24 hours of battery life after one charge. Thats maybe cuz i got a new BP6X battery for my Droid

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It seems the next step would be 800MHz medium voltage. Maybe even set it for 600MHz. I understand this is not where you would want to end up, but I think it's reasonable for testing purposes.

Also, I wiped my battery stats once while externally powered, and my battery lasted for 3 days immediately following. You might want to try that too.

8. Trips555

Trips555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to, and if it's semi-easy to change just the speed slots? I'd love to get like a couple of 350's in there or something... even 250 sometimes makes it tough to answer calls. But regardless, it'd be nice to set them... I love Chevy's kernels, but the individual slots would be nice to edit around.

9. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have no idea what's involved in doing this, but why would you need more than one 350MHz slot?

10. estafusisx

estafusisx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think RaidZero has a tool to build kernels if you give it all the information. No promises though I've never used it. Also the overclock 101 thread that's stickied somewhere has info on getting odd speeds with setCPU settings

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

11. Trips555

Trips555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha... that came out weird... I didn't mean more than one 350.. I meant a couple of low speeds... like 300 or 350...

12. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0

This really has my curiosity up. It could be part of the issue.

I also have two Droid1s, identically configured (in fact I routinely restore a backup of one to the other), and while they both run the same kernel with no problem, the quality of the Verizon connection makes a big difference in battery life... Especially if I'm in a location where the phone cannot make a data connection at all, either phone will quickly use up battery power as it tries to find a good data connection.

I have to wonder if your phone that is not activated with Verizon might either have an advantage or have a disadvantage with it's connection quality and its resulting battery life.

Search tags for this page
best kernel for gingerbread
chevy ulv 1100
chevyno1
chevyno1 kernels gingerbread

chevyno1 og droid kernels

download chevy 1.1 ghz kernel for droid 1

froyo kernel

gingerbread kernel
gingerbread kernel number

kernel froyo