[Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, May 31, 2011.

1. rattsabre

rattsabre New Member

Now that SS 5.6 has that nice Screen Off CPU setting, I'd like to request a new kernel that would perfectly suit my needs.

5 Slots (Pete claims it's superior to 7? My logs say my phone is pretty much always minimum or maximum anyways, which is what I want)

(edit: if 5 slots is out of the question, then my request would be a 7 slot one with 250, 400, and 1000 slots in it)

250 (Screen off level)
    400 (Screen on minimum)
    1000 (Screen on maximum)

ULV

Right now I'm running the 900mhz kernel with 250 as my screen off, 400 as my min, 900 as my max; the responsiveness and overall feel of the phone is definitely improved over global 250mhz minimum speed. Which is worth the battery hit to me.

And yes, to preempt the obvious question, I've monitored the CPU speeds and it does go to 250 when the screen is off but stays at least 400 when the screen is on.

Thanks for the great rom + kernels.
  2. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Yeah, it works with the stock CM 7.1 kernel and Pete's 1.1 LV kernel. I just downloaded and reinstalled Chevy's 1.1 uLV kernel for GB and it seems good so far. Thanks.
  3. schwinn

schwinn New Member

My wifi works fine... the phone just seems to do weird things though (both my Droid and the wife's Eris) when running Smartass. Like I said, the overclocking 101 thread showed me some more info, like that the ROM stores the "time in state" and I found that under Smartass my phone never was in a state lower than 550MHz... that's just wrong. OnDemand (which is where I am now) is using all the states properly, which is good... of course, this morning, my phone was locked up hard, and quite warm from just sitting on the charger overnight, so who knows what else is going on here!? More digging to follow...

Just to bring this back to the original point, I don't blame Chevy for any of this. But, I was intrigued to hear about Smartass V2... that's all. And I wanted to give some of my (bad) experience on this governor.

For reference, the OC101 thread is located here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html
    Of note are his follow up post about "Bugless Beast 1.1 and the discovery" where he describes the CPU time-in-state file and such... and where I found my issues with Smartass. I'd love to hear from others if they have similar experience with Smartass and time-in-state.

Lastly, FYI, I am running PE4.2 as a ROM, not SS... again, nothing against Chevy... I'm actually considering coming back to SS soon, but I'd rather fix what's broken than just jump around blindly/mindlessly! (It's the problem-solving engineering side of me!)
  4. CarbonRink

CarbonRink New Member

Just installed the ultra low 1.0 kernal on my droid using cm7.. so far it is great.. love it.. great work!
  5. frostyicy

frostyicy New Member

Do you flash a kernel the exact same way you flash a rom?

Wipe data factory reset, data partition, and davlick data???
  6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Nope just flash the kernal. Some say its a good idea to wipe dalvik but I don't.
  7. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Smartass governor is designed to automatically sleep at 550 at screen off but unfortunately for some reason it'll never go lower than 550. Its best to use an app to control overclocking (setcpu has tons of profiles to change the speed)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
    Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    19.8 linpack score
    1856 quadrant score
  8. Enik

Enik New Member

Works fantastic! Running it at 700 MHz and its going great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
best kernel for gingerbread

chevy ulv 1100

chevyno1

chevyno1 kernels gingerbread

chevyno1 og droid kernels

download chevy 1.1 ghz kernel for droid 1
droid 1 kernels
froyo

froyo kernel

gingerbread kernel