[Kernels] 3/24/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 25, 2011.

1. jayarmstrong

jayarmstrong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Work well and running cool, as always. One question, what's the voltage difference between the different ULV kernels?

I normally run 1GHz ULV but would like to play with 1.1, 1.2, 1.25. If I'm running 1.2, is there a bump up in voltage going to 1.25? Or from 1.1 to 1.2? I ask because I'm looking for the balance between battery consumption and speed.

Thanks much for getting this dialed!

2. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First ever working ulv kernal!! My Droid would nvr accept an ulv but it accepted one right now! Thanks Chevy u rock!
    This totally just made my day xD
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#50 lfylove, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  3. lucky151

lucky151 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, chevno1. I have used your kenel in my bugless 0.6.2.1 rom. It works well on my phone. Could you tell me the voltage when it is set on each frequency?

4. cyclej

cyclej Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's always something. I'm a true chevy01-kernel believer. By far the best of the best IMHO. But something's changed in CM7 (stable) that breaks the USB connection prompt with everyones kernel, including these. Help?

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Are you meaning the voltage # at each step? If so - I only have the raw #'s used in the code - not sure how that correlates to actual voltage, never looked into it ...

6. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to be a common problem with the newest released roms, i had the same issue with UD 3.3.1......someone had posted that for them, while connected to pc, disabling "usb debugging" would then enable the usb transferring, dont know if it works for everyone, but if u try it please let us know....

7. cyclej

cyclej Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't do it. Not a big deal, just a whack-a-mole problem. Fix one thing, break something else.

8. juv3

juv3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again i tried your kernel shevy which i got from this site and Index of /kernels-032411 and i didn't get the usb connected but someone told me to get multi mount sd card from the market and that app did the tric.

9. RoNYC

RoNYC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ChevyNo1, just wanted to say thanks for the kernels, using the 1ghz ULV. I have a stock rooted D1 and the kernel makes a hell of a difference. DL the 1.2 kernel but still debating about using it.
    Thanks again!

10. .46caliber

.46caliber Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed the USB Connection issue as well. I've tried disabling and re-enabling USB Debugging but USB Connection doesn't come up.

Chevy, can you update the kernel so that it can be used with the latest CMod build? Cyanogen noticed this problem and fixed it at the kernel level.

I love the kernels and want to keep using them.

Thanks!

11. Purplehaze

Purplehaze Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, your kernels rock and work better for me than all. I have a question, the latest releases of 2.3.3 all seem to have a data fix done by cvpcs that fixes a problem of data, 3g, loss after a call. For some it works for others it doesn't. I fall into the others catagory, hence I run an older version of gb. It's. Almost like after a call it scans for 3g signal then stops. The only fix is toggle airplane. They say its in the framework. Maybe it needs new eyes! Kudos again on your kernels.

12. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What version of GB r u running?? Have u tried SS 5.2, it still has the 3g problem but not near as bad as most GB ROMS (for most ppl)

And unfortunatly I have read conflicting info on the FOR SURE 3G fix from cvps...I want to believe it can be fixed but I doubt we will ever see a permanant fully working, completely stable GB ROM for our droid 1's. No devs fault, just starting to be a somewhat outdated phone.....its still the best around though! :D

Just my opinions.....

Sent from my Droid

Search tags for this page

chevy kernel download

chevy kernel droid download
chevycam droid 3 kernel
chevyno1 kernels
droid x custom kernel download
gingerbread kernel download for droid 3