Kernel, voltage, or compcache causing issues?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sniper_5, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

I'm at a bit of a loss as the past few days I've been running cool and stable on the Slayher 1.6 lv1000 kernel with compcache. This evening I've been running around 104 even under minor usage and when charging it holds this temp even with the screen off. I can run chevy's mv1200 kernel and run just as cool as I was before tonight, just without compcache. I've disabled compcache with no change, rebooted, pulled the battery. None helped. I'm not sure what's going on here. Only thing I've changed is my LP app drawer icon, switched to a black background, and deleted a battery widget I was using because it was inaccurate. Any thoughts? I'd hate to put my phone on the cradle overnight and wake up to a cooked phone. Oh and I tried switching to the chevy kernel mentioned previously and still was running around 104. Flashed both my backups ( had one running stable on the chevy kernel above and the other a more recent backup running the Slayher kernel, no change) also, after switching to the black background I noticed in the extreme bottom left corner I have a few dead pixels in a row across the bottom. I'm wondering if its time to look into any early upgrade, or warranty claim... Any insight would be appreciated, also, at 104* battery temp, my CPU is averaging 100*, don't know if that will help or not but trying to give as much info as possible.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz
  2. dbst

dbst New Member

Have you tried running your phone at a lower speed, like 600mhz? You could also try using profiles in SetCPU and setting it so your phone doesn't go over 250mhz when your phone is off or when it's charrging.
  3. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. dbst

dbst New Member

Have you tried flashing a different rom? I know I'm not much help lol, maby someone from the Rescue Squad could help you out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Its cool, at least your trying :) but yeah, I went back to ss4.8 @1ghz lv chevy kernel. Still had problems so I flashed back. It seems to have cleared up though. I'm not sure what the deal was, only thing I can think of is something running in the background that wouldn't shut down like it was supposed to after Start up.

Search tags for this page

siyah kernel sch-i535