[KERNEL] Unsecured, OverClocked, SmartAssV2, and Voltage Control

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dfnewsig.png

This straight from Team BAMF's Forums, please visit there for download and to show your thanks!
(This is not my kernel, I am simply re-posting this)

Okay, I looked at what ziggy and cron247 did over on XDA and tried to make it better.

This kernel is unsecured, meaning adb connects with root.
It OverClock's up to 1.836MHz.
It has the SmartAss V2 governor.
It uses my ramdisk, not the one you have. I cannot forsee this being an issue. If it becomes one, let me know.

Updates:

Version 1.1.3 changes the version of lagfree, the old one was having issues. Also removes forcing the second CPU to be online which was causing choppiness.

Version 1.1.2 adds increased read ahead, writeback tweaks, decreased dirty ratio settings, simple I/O scheduler, and the lagfree governor.

Version 1.0.5 adds mpdecision fix by Mr X, thank you whoever you are, if you removed mpdecision, put it back. Also added voltage control for you UV lovers.

The only control program I have tested to work is AnTuTu CPU Master (Free), I have had issues with SetCPU and a few others. This one does speed, governor, and voltage all very well.

Get it here: AnTuTu CPU Master (Free)

The following problems seem to be fixed at this point: governor and speed settings not sticking, smartass staying at top speed, random reboots or bootloops overnight.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, THIS IS A SINGLE FILE

To install this kernel:
  1. Copy the file to the root of your SDcard.
  2. Reboot into recovery (CWR or AmonRa).
  3. Flash the file from the SDcard.
  4. At the end of the flash the phone will reboot to fastboot.
  5. Once fastboot loads, tap PWR to get to HBOOT.
  6. HBOOT will find the update and ask you to install.
  7. Tap Vol Up to begin the install.
  8. When it finishes it will say tap PWR to reboot. Do it.
  9. After the phone boots remove the PH98IMG.zip file from your SDcard.
  10. Use AnTuTu CPU Master (Free) to set min/max/gov/voltage.
  11. Enjoy!
Thanks to ziggy and con247 for getting us started and having stuff out there for me to get ideas from.

Please see original thread for download links

Source on GitHub.

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
I just switched to this kernel this afternoon because Ziggy's was giving me a bootloop at least once a day (one time it kept my alarm from going off in the AM). It's my first time running something with any kind of over/under-clocking, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to look, but the MHz seems to be low when it's woken up and high when I need it, so I'm guess it's working (smartassv2). So far no more boot loops, but it's only been a few hours.

arbs27

Reaction score
For some reason I can't remember, can I install this while on Rezrom? Or do I have to be in stock?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't remember, can I install this while on Rezrom? Or do I have to be in stock?

you can install this on any ROM that has the same base. just be sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache when in recovery.

chin2334

Reaction score
I get random reboots and boot loops with this.

arbs27

Reaction score
I haven't gotten one. You have any app to control voltage?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't know that anyone has updated their kernel for the OTA other than the stock ones.