[KERNEL] The FrankenKernel - Voodoo Lagfix, Sound, more fixes + OC for DJ05/DL09

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to comradesven over at XDA for the original post....Enjoy....

Original link: [KERNEL] The FrankenKernel - Voodoo Lagfix, Sound, more fixes + OC for DJ05/DL09 - xda-developers

icon8.gif
[KERNEL] The FrankenKernel - Voodoo Lagfix, Sound, more fixes + OC for DJ05/DL09
So I finally got the 10 posts I need to post here and for my first post I would like to ask, when are we getting Froyo for the Fascinate? I have been waiting for so long and I would like to say that I am starting to get tiJUST KIDDING

Against the backdrop of an imminent 2.2 release, I would like to share these kernels I haxed (read: kanged) together, because nobody else did and I was lazy. Based upon jt1134's recent kernel with the Voodoo sound patch that those of us with decent headphones have been having such a ball with these days, I integrated some fixes from the codebases of some of the very talented devs who are working on this phone.

Included in all of these are the Voodoo lagfix, Voodoo sound, and SirGatez's USB fix for the phone being recognized as a CD drive (also used by Adrynalyne).

Additionally, these kernels include SirGatez's fix to disable the VZW battery check, allowing batteries for the other Galaxy S phones as well as third-party batteries to charge on the Fascinate. Although it looks like for the vast majority of us with the OEM battery, nothing has changed and everything will continue to work as it has, this is untested. While the $6 battery I got from Hong Kong for the i9000 appears to charge fine, I haven't tested charging it very much yet and I must disclaim ALL RESPONSIBILITY should there be some issue with overcharging or batteries exploding. Again, this is only a concern if you are not using a Samsung-branded battery for the Fascinate. Well, the full battery popup works with the Chinese battery I have, and the phone is no longer charging it. Probably means that the fix is good for everyone with no battery explosions. Hooray! I still disclaim ALL RESPONSIBILITY as indicated above

As with all of the kernels based on jt1134's codebase, also included is the new red Voodoo-aware Clockworkmod Recovery. BLN is supported as well.

All in all, I am really happy that all these fixes from near and far work (well, AFAIK) together. I can't think of any fix/tweak that is missing, except for some of the more hardcore things like changing around the task scheduler and memory settings that don't affect day-to-day functionality of the phone as much, but are implemented by some of the real devs out there.

Frankenkernel download links: (Voodoo only!)

1000MHz, 100% stock (standard) voltage settings: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13818062/0123_frankenkernel_sv.zip

1000MHz, Adrynalyne's more aggressive undervolt settings: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13818062/0123_frankenkernel_uv.zip

1200MHz, SirGatez's regular 7-speed OC settings: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13818062/0123_frankenkernel_sv_1200.zip

1200MHz, SirGatez's undervolted OC settings: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13818062/0123_frankenkernel_uv_1200.zip

It bears repeating that I take no responsibility for breaking anything. That said, it should all work fine, but here is an Odin package to go back to an earlier Adrynalyne-built Voodoo kernel + recovery if something breaks working on your phone. I believe this is Test6 from his current thread. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13818062/0123.voodoo.kernel.cwm.tar.md5
This should also be useful for your after-Odin-to-stock hijinx, if you know what you're doing.

All credit should go not to me, codestealing kanger that I am, but to jt1134, Adrynalyne, SirGatez, and the other devs and users who I either stole code from, have asked lots of annoying noob questions to, or have flashed and tested my kernel. Especially SirGatez, who is apparently a decent dev, but has been toiling away in obscurity. Thanks for getting my $6 battery working, man, come say hi to the rest of us on IRC!
smile.gif

Rsswga

Reaction score
yea i been running that...how long will it be before we should see more kernels for eb01?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea i been running that...how long will it be before we should see more kernels for eb01?

Basically its a waiting game until the kernel source codes are released...who knows...

Rsswga

Reaction score
ok..
why since i installed that voodoo kernel i have the android animation on top of my original boot animation

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok..
why since i installed that voodoo kernel i have the android animation on top of my original boot animation

thats a glitch i read about over on XDA, dont remember why ATM....if you have root explorer you can look in system/media and/or system/local for bootanimation.zip's and delete one of them if there are two, or one in each...

Rsswga

Reaction score
is the plain "android" one called bootsamsungloop by chance? 146.1 k in size...

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
is the plain "android" one called bootsamsungloop by chance? 146.1 k in size...

honestly i have no clue what its called...its my understanding it should be called bootanimation.zip to play on startup/shutdown etc....

Rsswga

Reaction score
system/media where that is..good many qmg files which is what that is.. the other one in that folder is named bootsamsung...

i only found bootanimation zip in the bin folder..there was only one