Kernel Test Thread

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Fault, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright everyone. Im starting to get LGB to be much more stable, and Im almost at the point where I wouldnt even consider going back to froyo. The only problem is Im having issues with the kernels. Im having trouble finding the one that will be smooth, allow me to use my camera, video, maps, and not randomly freeup and reboot on me. So as of now, Im going through all the GB kernels and testing out which works, what doesnt, and maybe this thread can help others. Ill try to give as much info as possible. BTW my phone cannot be stable at all on ultra low voltage, gotta use low or medium. I will try to use each kernel for about 2 days, and report on my review.

Phone: Motorola Droid 1
    Version: 2.3.4
    ROM: Liquid Gingerbread 2.2
    Compcache: Off
    Use Jit: On
    Surface Dithering: off
    Purge Assets: off
    Lock Home: off
    Lock MMS: off
    VM Heap: 48m

Kernel Test #1= Corcor
    -Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9_BaCkSpAcE_corcor@corcor-Aspire-5552 #30
    -Voltage: 1000mhz low voltage
    -Max Setting: 900mhz
    -Min Setting: 250mhz
    -Govenor: ONDEMAND

-General Stability-Fair
    --Been using for about a week now, and the stability is very clean and smooth. Returns back to homescreen w/o it being locked in memory no problem, pull down bar works, etc. The problem is it seems to get 'bogged down', where evemtually I need to either restart, or do a battery pull. For example, Ill pull up my RSS reader pulse, and the app will pretty much freeze after its been on for maybe 8+ hours. It seems random, but when it does, I cant even lock the screen, use home buttons or anything. If I can make it to the homescreen, it becomes much faster, but to function it needs a restart

-Maps- Extremely Poor
    --Maps are constantly force closed. Even if locked in memeory they are killed, and if not, they cause reboots. A sort of work around is to open navigation directly, but that doesnt always work right

-Camera- Extremely Poor
    --I just tried the camera for the first time, reboot after second picture. Very clunky and slow

-Other Notes-
    --The USB storage transfer works, which on some kernels it does not at all. Wifi works decent, I have issues but may be app specific

Verdict
    -While stabilitywise and speedwise the corcor are very good, the other parts are just aweful, and the reboots are out of control. This is not the kernel for me.

Next to try: ChevyNo1 Low Voltage 1ghz

2. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kernel Test #2= ChevyNo1
    -Kernel Version: Stock LGB Kernel

-General Stability-Very Poor
    --I could tell just as soon as I flashed it how bad it was. After trying for a day, I gave up. Didnt even bother testing the maps or camera

-Maps- N/A
    --Due to stability problems, i didnt even bother

-Camera- N/A

-Other Notes-
    --N/A

Verdict
    --The stability is just aweful. Not the kernel for me

Next test will be with Project Elite's kernel

3. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's a pretty bad review for what most would consider the best kernel out there. Its a very subjective thing that varies by phone, but also I've never had issues with maps and camera that are at all kernel related, the only problems I've had besides performance that can be fixed by getting a new kernel is anything wifi or signal related. Did you flash the rom correctly? Wipe everything?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kernel Test #2= Project Elite
    -Kernel Version: Stock Project Elite Kernel

-General Stability-Very Poor
    --Not as slow as Chevy's kernel, but still to unbearably slow

-Maps- N/A

-Camera- N/A

-Other Notes-
    --N/A

Verdict
    --The stability is just aweful. Not the kernel for me

Next test will be with Peter Alfonso's kernel

5. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it varies phone by phone. Prior to GB, I always ran Chevy's roms and kernels. Since then though, they have not been stable at all.

Trust me I flashed the rom right, I flash new versions of LGB about every day, and wipe cache and data every time. I replaced apk on camera which seemed to help, now Im more working on stability/reboots

Search tags for this page

best kernal for liquid 2.2