Kernel Stability with FRG01B

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kennydied23, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It seems that EVERY kernel I try, no matter the clock speed (I've tried from 800mhz to 1250mhz), I get rebooted every time I boot up...except if I use bekit's beta kernel, then it's pretty darn smooth. I'm wondering does this happen to anyone who has tried chevy's, jdlfg's, p3droid's or jake's kernels with the latest leak.

2. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no problems with P3 LV 125-1250, this particular rom did put me in a boot loop last night when rebooting. I had to flash my backup of BB.4. It freaked me out because i was using clockwork recovery and my recovery image is broken half the time as is with most people using it. They need to work on that issue. thought i was going to have to rsd again.

3. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i should probably clear up that the rom was running fine until i ran into a small problem with the fios mobile remote app. So i tried rebooting to reset the app because fci'ng didnt work. And then it went into a boot loop

4. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Ive been running UD4.0 with Chevys LV1.2G kernel clocked at 1G and havent had a reboot yet.

5. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, it depends on the ROM *and* the kernel. FRG01B may work with a kernel, then try that kernel with a sapphire ROM, and it doesn't. Here is the quantitative part, not every phone runs Roms and kernels the same, and just because phone A can't run kernel A, phone B can run kernel A on the same ROM like a champ. You need to try what works on your particular droid...the way you load new software plays a role too;)

6. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Good to know...but I've tried kangerade 6.0.11, and different kernels work pretty well, so maybe it was just something I was doing.