1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Kernel Speed Question

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by TK40, Sep 4, 2010.

1. TK40

TK40 New Member

I am currently running 1.1Ghz low volt Kernel without any problems. Do I need to also run an app like SetCPU to manage the speeds of the processor? Or will it do everything on its own. Example, setting a low speed at idle and non important things, high speed when the extra power is needed.
  2. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Yes, you need setcpu. Either buy it from the market or if you are a member at xda, you can get it for free there. Its WELL worth the $1.99
  3. TK40

TK40 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you explain to me what the Kernel I chose is doing if I do not have SetCPU installed? Is it set to always be at 1.1, or is it at stock speed, and if I chose to raise it with SetCPU the option is there.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 chevyno1 speed kernels