Kernel Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by abraham3660, Oct 5, 2010.

1. abraham3660

abraham3660 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I recently rooted my droid, and quickly became a ROM flashing addict. I still have many questions though. My question is, do you have to be overclocked to install kernals? What is so great about installing these kernals? And if i have to be overclocked, can somebody please point me to a easy overclocking guide for motorloa droid? Oh, and how safe is overclocking? Thanks.

2. 2guys1droid

2guys1droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One way to overclock your droid is to get the application setcpu or "overclock widget"

3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Overclocking is safe to a certain value of safe. To overclock you'll want to install SetCPU from the market -- $2 but some of the best $2 you'll ever spend.

Most ROMs come with a kernel that's (basically) stock but others come with custom kernels -- either way you can overclock most of them to at least 800MHz; stock will go that fast because of Flash.

For information on overclocking read Skull One's excellent but technical thread Overclocking 101.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

For extreme overclocking you'll want to find kernel writers like ChevyNo1, P3Droid, and SlayHer. For those you're on your own. :)

Search tags for this page

save kerrnel on rezound