kernel question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by CatsTide, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm running UD 8.6.3 with chevy medium voltage 1250 kernel. this setup is running fine but i haven't tried the low voltage kernel. would i gain anything by running it? my temps are fine with the medium kernel but i was wondering if i run the low voltage if it would increase battery life.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    curious myself too...

3. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    depends on your phone, my unit is incapable of going above 1100 Mhz, so I run a low voltage 1ghz kernel @800mhz.

As a rule of thumb, lower voltage should result in lower temps/power consumption, but not always so. So, i would suggest that you test with a low voltage kernel, stress test on setcpu and see how fast the temp rises.

btw, why the hell are you running at 1250? The performance gains over 800/1000 aren't really that noticeable.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [/QUOTE]
    thanks,i'll give it a test and see what happens
    btw, why the hell are you running at 1250? The performance gains over 800/1000 aren't really that noticeable.[/QUOTE]
    just because i can :icon_ banana:

5. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    [/QUOTE]just because i can :icon_ banana:[/QUOTE]

lol maybe you should be a but more careful. I have mine at 1.2GHz and i like it over 1.0. Maybe its just the butt Dyno telling me that im the fastest ever but I thought everything popped open faster.

But anyways, the lower voltage will decrease your CPU temps but the chips vary on what they can take from one to another. Id try low but keep one that works on your phone just incase your get a boot loop or weird stuff. That way you wont freak out. just my $0.02