Kernel Panic Upload Mode

Reaction score
Whenever I reboot, or reboot into recovery, My phone says Kernel Panic Upload mode and stays like that. I have to do a battery pull. any ideas?

Edit: I have tried the com rom with all the different kernels, even without a kernel. I have tried evil fascination and they are all going to this Kernel Panic Upload Mode after rebooting. I have tried them with voodoo on, and voodoo off, I'm running out of ideas.

Edit #2: I have also gone back and odin back to EC10, and I tried ED01. same issue both times. I also did a data wipe before I odin. I also formatted my SD card, but that didn't do anything either. Should I just go back to Stock, and then root it again?

Last edited:

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Whenever I reboot, or reboot into recovery, My phone says Kernel Panic Upload mode and stays like that. I have to do a battery pull. any ideas?

Edit: I have tried the com rom with all the different kernels, even without a kernel. I have tried evil fascination and they are all going to this Kernel Panic Upload Mode after rebooting. I have tried them with voodoo on, and voodoo off, I'm running out of ideas.

Edit #2: I have also gone back and odin back to EC10, and I tried ED01. same issue both times. I also did a data wipe before I odin. I also formatted my SD card, but that didn't do anything either. Should I just go back to Stock, and then root it again?

I also got this issue after installing the GB leak on my phone.......I had to format my SD then odin to DL09 with the atlas 2.2 pit file and the re-partition box checked.....then OTA to ED04.....I then pulled my batt. and odined my recovery. I then booted into recovery wipe cache partition/dalvik/ and full wipe. i the flashed com rom 2.0 with OTB 1.5 and did a full reboot....once i saw it worked fine i re entererd recovery via power button and the did no wipes and flashed 2.1 com rom patch.....I NOW HAVE NOT HAD A KERNEL PANIC OR POWER RESET OR UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE ERROR IN THREE WEEKS.....THANK GOD!:icon_ banana:

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got this error a couple times and Odin'd the DI01 file from here and that took care of it. No .pit file, no formatting sdcard.