[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

Airman1947

Reaction score
Hmm, so I saw on the XDA post for this Kernel that somebody successfully tested it with software version VS93022A, which is what I have, which is also what I think that the OTA Verizon update was. Well anyway, I decided to go ahead and give it a try, and it worked! :)

I saw the Security error on bootup, and then it booted into the stock ROM, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you, Dalg. Do you have a different software version?

mordant80

Reaction score
Hmm, so I saw on the XDA post for this Kernel that somebody successfully tested it with software version VS93022A, which is what I have, which is also what I think that the OTA Verizon update was. Well anyway, I decided to go ahead and give it a try, and it worked! :)

I saw the Security error on bootup, and then it booted into the stock ROM, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you, Dalg. Do you have a different software version?

Nice, I'll go ahead and give it a shot. Everything seem to be working ok? No weirdness with the radio or anything else?

Edit: well i can confirm it does indeed work. Checked kernel versions and the update did change the kernel, so eventually I'd love to see an updated loki kernel but until that happens this should still more than do the trick.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Airman1947

Reaction score
Nice, I'll go ahead and give it a shot. Everything seem to be working ok? No weirdness with the radio or anything else?

Edit: well i can confirm it does indeed work. Checked kernel versions and the update did change the kernel, so eventually I'd love to see an updated loki kernel but until that happens this should still more than do the trick.

Good stuff! Well this is a great step in the right direction. Thanks djrbliss! I hope we get some custom ROMs soon.

dalg91

Reaction score
Here is my experience with the update. I may not understand fully I did it wrong, it worked and im an idiot, etc. So the day before the newest OTA officially rolled out my phone was having some issue which led me to do flash the original build. Somehow this process downloaded the update in the process to my Spectrum 2. (The whole process to do this was full of issues during this time possibly due to the OTA attempting to e pushed) I realized I didn't have to update it again when I read an article about the newest update and when i went to check for it realized my software was already up to date. When I attempted to flash the kernel to essentially remove the update my phone says I am on the most recent build. the kernel info may be different I never checked the original which was stupid. After doing the ota removal kernel the only difference I noticed was that the check for update option is no longer unavailable. The OTA apps and changes are present. Clarification will be provided on request because I have a rather unique situation that created this.

OP
M

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
Sorry y'all, had a death in the family that has consumed some time and a lot of energy. Have started toying around with it again this weekend. Hope to have something soon!!!

Airman1947

Reaction score
Sorry y'all, had a death in the family that has consumed some time and a lot of energy. Have started toying around with it again this weekend. Hope to have something soon!!!

Sorry to hear about the death in the family. Hope all's well. Thanks for working on this again. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Duples

Reaction score

Any word on what you've been working on?

Reaction score
:( So upset this happens after I no longer have my Spectrum 2. Hopefully someone can do this for the Venice. Good work.

Thomas23Male

Reaction score
So any updates on the cm10 or other Roms?