1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Kernel Issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mcm, Apr 21, 2011.

1. mcm

mcm New Member

Hello Everyone.

I have been using ChevyNo1 kernels as far back as I remember (early 2010?) but lately my phone is running very hot. Using the navigator pretty much kills the phone and I have to wait for the phone to cool down then it will start up.

I've always used 1.0ghz ulv on mine. My phone usually ran between 14 C and 30 C, rarely went over. But after installing SS5.2 along with the newest kernels, my phone just doesn't stay cool - coolest is around 28 C and runs up to 50 C. I've tried all variations of the 800mhz but they don't do anything to keep it cool. All the higher speed kernels just make the phone hotter faster.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Have you tried LV yet? Also - verify nothing is hitting the cpu constantly by running 'mtop' in terminal or 'adb shell' - top processes will be at the 'top' of the list ...
  3. mcm

mcm New Member

I have indeed tried the lv kernels, running the 0.8ghz lv now, the lowest temp I've noticed is 22 C, but that's very rare. mtop doesn't show any one app as the top on each refresh.