1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Kernel Issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by soccer568, Jul 3, 2010.

1. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

Hey i flashed chevy's uv 1.0 ghz kernel to my phone and i got into a bootloop. By the way i am running kanerade 4.0.7. That was my first boot loop but i just restored to my last backup and it was fine. I wandering if i can go ahead and try the lv kernel or will the samething happen and i just need to try a different kernel?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Is your ROM froyo based? I'd They one of.p3's kernels.
  3. mph122074

mph122074 New Member

Chevy has said in the past... if I remember correctly... if you get boot loops with his kernals use this rule of thumb...

Either increase voltage

Or

Power the speed

Example...

If you boot loop with a 1 ghz ultra low voltage kernel... go to a 1 ghz low voltage... or go to a 900 mhz or lower ultra low voltage kernel...
  4. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

ok thanks i will try another one of his kernels but if it doesent work i will try a p3 kernels.