kernel help!!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Droidanator, Sep 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Droidanator

Droidanator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please help i cant get a p3 kernel to work with this rom http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/80524-rom-droid-evolution-frg22d.html

it keep going through boot loop like at the "M"

is there a trustworthy kernel out there or something that can fix this please help thanks!!!!!
  2. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you want the BB then just put that on your droid it will work and it puts everything it needs..... do you really want that rom?
  3. Droidanator

Droidanator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean BB?? and I have the rom on I just want the kernel on and thats it.
  4. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bb is bugless beast the rom your using was made from it...... and im not sure why its not working? does it say it will work with that rom?
  5. Droidanator

Droidanator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just switched to that bugless beast v.05 it worked now and I have a kernel that runs 1100. its working fine. but is there any other kernel that is faster?? and that people rely on cause i wouldn't mind bumpin up 1.2gh.
  6. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
  7. Droidanator

Droidanator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a perfect, non buggy, rom out there that uses the chevy kernel?
  8. billmcg

billmcg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using Rubik's frg22d, i think it is fast, smooth and extremely stable
    I really couldn't say that with the stock Rubik ROM until i used a Chevy kernel
    I have tried most of them, the ULV kernels make the phone reboot every once in a while - but man i got great battery life and it ran really cool
    The M kernels run warmer and drain battery pretty good but are stable -(for me)
    The L kernels did the trick - do run a little cooler, the battery life is still way better than stock and so far i haven't had reboot issues.
    The Chevy 1.2L is where i settled with the Rubik ROM, and i couldn't be happier - i think this combo is awesome, and i don't say that about many things
  9. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    I havent found a rom that wouldnt work with chevys kernels. As far as a "perfect, non buggy, rom", Im still looking for one. That is the "Holy Grail", AFAIK. Even the stock platform has issues. The trick is finding the ROM that you can live with when the issues come up. Im a UD guy, IMO UD7 was better than UD8, and UD9 is supposed to come out today. For the most part, UD has been the most customizable stable ROM my phone likes, and Ive stuck with it for quite a while. That being said, Im running Liquid's ROM right now, and it is a great ROM, but it doesnt allow me to customize it the way I would like. One last thing about ROMs and kernels, every phone is different. What works good for you and your phone, might not work as well on mine, and vice versa. Give them all a try, and see what you and your phone like.