[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running lastest deprimed with my top speed at 900 with CPU tuner set for ondemand, compcache off, vm at 40 on PE 5.0.2 & my phone flies, no lag, no redraws, only thing I do is reboot daily. This kernel rocks, btw where so I go to give a donation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Paypal link in prime's sig

Sent from my Droid

KJW979

Reaction score
I'm running lastest deprimed with my top speed at 900 with CPU tuner set for ondemand, compcache off, vm at 40 on PE 5.0.2 & my phone flies, no lag, no redraws, only thing I do is reboot daily. This kernel rocks, btw where so I go to give a donation.

Paypal link in prime's sig

Sent from my Droid

Thanks

racketier

Reaction score
My phone does NOT run nice when using the overclock/primed. It seems to run okay at stock voltages, but I feel like I could use a little extra voltage to run smoothly.

Prime, what are the stock voltages of your kernel BEFORE you run overclock/primed?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Is MSOC updated for this new kernel? Anytime I load the module cputuner has a cow and settings: performance: CPU settings force closes. Perhaps do I have some bad combo of apps? This doesn't seem to be happening to anybody else.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

Deprimed MSOC has been updated.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Deprimed test #18 (Kernel reports #8 ) - ( 4/21/2011 )

Changed the bumblebee default ramp up/down timing (should be faster), rebuilt wifi module using proper kernel source tree (was still using old deprimed source).

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
My phone does NOT run nice when using the overclock/primed. It seems to run okay at stock voltages, but I feel like I could use a little extra voltage to run smoothly.

Prime, what are the stock voltages of your kernel BEFORE you run overclock/primed?

Do this in a terminal:

Code:
su
modprobe overclock
cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

This will give you the voltages the kernel is using by default.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
prime

does compcache use internal flash or sdcard.. I am concerned about the wear and tear on internal flash

The zram module (compcache) uses the devices internal RAM, no worries about wearing anything out prematurely.

HalosGhost

Reaction score
I love you Prime!

Hey man, I've been running your kernel happily now for more than a month, and I'm very happy with your work.

I especially love that I can custom clock/vsel it with your 20overclock script, but one of my favorite features was the update_deprimed script. With your last release (#18), I was unable to use the update script. It kept returning with "please connect to the internet and try again." But I know that I was connected. Eventually, I just d/l'd it manually and flashed it normally. Not a big deal, just thought you should know.

Thank you again Prime, keep up the awesome work man!

-HG

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hey man, I've been running your kernel happily now for more than a month, and I'm very happy with your work.

I especially love that I can custom clock/vsel it with your 20overclock script, but one of my favorite features was the update_deprimed script. With your last release (reports #18), I was unable to use the update script. It kept returning with "please connect to the internet and try again." But I know that I was connected. Eventually, I just d/l'd it manually and flashed it normally. Not a big deal, just thought you should know.

Thank you again Prime, keep up the awesome work man!

-HG

I just tried myself and it failed, apparently something in the busybox version of wget has changed and now doesn't think bit.ly is an acceptable url. I don't see why the CM team doesn't simply include the full wget binary.

*edit*
I wasn't connected to the Internet when I tried, update_deprimed still works as expected for myself.

Last edited:

HalosGhost

Reaction score
I just tried myself and it failed, apparently something in the busybox version of wget has changed and now doesn't think bit.ly is an acceptable url. I don't see why the CM team doesn't simply include the full wget binary.

Well, if it matters. I don't have the CM team's busybox installed. I used busybox installer to update to BB1.19 Adrynalyne. I'm somewhat sure that I have the full wget binary because of that, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if you'd like me to test something or send you some logs.

-HG

[EDIT]And I've used my version of busybox with your update script before, and it's been fine. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

anuraj1

Reaction score
So far the newest kernel update works beautifully. I didn't think it could ever get better than primed_test, but deprimed is amazing. I'm so glad that the latest versions are working for me! Prime, your work is so awesome.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score

Well, if it matters. I don't have the CM team's busybox installed. I used busybox installer to update to BB1.19 Adrynalyne. I'm somewhat sure that I have the full wget binary because of that, but I could be wrong.

-HG

[EDIT]And I've used my version of busybox with your update script before, and it's been fine. [/EDIT]

I also have busybox 1.19 and I have the same problem, when I try to update I get the message
wget: bad address 'bit.ly'
and it does not download the update. So maybe the updated busybox is the problem. In the future I will just leave busybox alone as updating it seems to have created problems without providing any benefits as far as I can tell.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So far the newest kernel update works beautifully. I didn't think it could ever get better than primed_test, but deprimed is amazing. I'm so glad that the latest versions are working for me! Prime, your work is so awesome.

Thank you, I'm happy that deprimed is now working out for you.

I really need to devote some time to the Droid X bootloader issue instead of maintaining primed, hopefully I can spend more time working on deprimed and kexec. I haven't really touched the X yet and I wan't to be the first to fully kexec into my own kernel....it really needs some love.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

-HG

I also have busybox 1.19 and I have the same problem, when I try to update I get the message
wget: bad address 'bit.ly'
and it does not download the update. So maybe the updated busybox is the problem. In the future I will just leave busybox alone as updating it seems to have created problems without providing any benefits as far as I can tell.

Busybox 1.19 is the issue, I fully recommend not installing an alternate busybox....if you do you should do so manually and place it in /data/local/bin

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That reminds me, I need to talk to stericson about this mess.