[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

anuraj1

Reaction score
prime,

I'm going to try out the newest deprimed while you're working on that file for primed_test. Just one question: what is the difference between the "overclock" script and the "primed" script?? It seems like they do the same thing?

KJW979

Reaction score
I believe but could be wrong that ovrrclock only runs until you reboot phone, would have to run script each time start phone where as primed/deprimed script put file on phone so runs constantly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
I believe but could be wrong that ovrrclock only runs until you reboot phone, would have to run script each time start phone where as primed/deprimed script put file on phone so runs constantly.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

anuraj1

Reaction score
Okay, the new deprimed is amazing, especially with the "primed" script and the highest slot at 1000/vsel62. Fastest my phone has ever run. I can't stop switching screens, going to the preview screens and opening and closing apps just to see the speed. Prime, you are the man. I love my D1 again.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thank you... takes bow and waves :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Your correct.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
Is MSOC updated for this new kernel? Anytime I load the module cputuner has a cow and settings: performance: CPU settings force closes. Perhaps do I have some bad combo of apps? This doesn't seem to be happening to anybody else.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

Last edited:

anuraj1

Reaction score
What have people noticed on performance/battery life using the bumblebee governor?

KJW979

Reaction score
What have people noticed on performance/battery life using the bumblebee governor?

For me the bumblebee governor is laggy, I get much better performance using on demand, notice no difference in battery between the 2.

crimedog

Reaction score
I would like to add to the praise of the new kernel, and ask one question if I may.

What are everyone's thoughts on Swapper 2? Theoretically I love the idea of "doubling" the amount of ram, and with the sd card cache 'fix' it sounds great. But, I often run into problems after extended use and have to reboot. I blame Swapper but I supposed it could be misplaced. Any thoughts?

shawner47

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any problems using Swapper. Of course I also like to reboot my phone every other day or so, so that could be why.
I was having problems with slowdowns when using compcache. Since I have started using Swapper and stopped using compcache, things run much more smoothly with no lag.
I think, as it seems to be with most of our phones, each person's result will vary. Seems that these phones each have their own personality and its just a matter of finding out what yours is and sticking with it.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
MSOC not updated yet, swapper is not the issue, it's android doesn't handle swap as well as a full PC.

Compcache is compressed ram swap... it needs to be restarted once it is full. My kernel provides a extra command to handle this (compcache restart).

Bumblebee should provide longer battery life, although my modified ondemand works fine as well. I have to do further work on bumblebee as it was not designed for a cpu with seven slots.

droidwire

Reaction score
prime

does compcache use internal flash or sdcard.. I am concerned about the wear and tear on internal flash

KJW979

Reaction score
I'm running lastest deprimed with my top speed at 900 with CPU tuner set for ondemand, compcache off, vm at 40 on PE 5.0.2 & my phone flies, no lag, no redraws, only thing I do is reboot daily. This kernel rocks, btw where so I go to give a donation.