[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

gary2

Reaction score
^Hijack ...is your app drawer transparent at all?

nope, no transparent drawer. it's definitely something with the kernel as it worked fine before using the stock CM kernel and my custom oc config.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

nope, no transparent drawer. it's definitely something with the kernel as it worked fine before using the stock CM kernel and my custom oc config.

I have launcher pro and the app drawer does exhibit a certain lagginess on some of my kernels, its why I switched to adwex. I am uncertain why but it seems related to voltage.

gary2

Reaction score

I have launcher pro and the app drawer does exhibit a certain lagginess on some of my kernels, its why I switched to adwex. I am uncertain why but it seems related to voltage.

That sounds reasonable. I did some pretty extensive testing to come up with the bare minimum voltages I could run and stay stable. Needless to say some of them are pretty low.

This was the last reason I needed to buy ADWEx!

pigpen

Reaction score
First off, thanks for this work on the kernel your developing for the Droid. I'm running CM7_#35 now, with deprimed#33 at pretty much stock speeds at 800/250 with interactive governor. I didnt like the lag of the bumblebee, but i didnt have it tweaked like you guys do either. When the lag on the home screen got annoying, i went fishing for the stock launcher, and found that Pete had it in his basic gingerbread rom so i moved it over to cyanogen. It was only 2D however, so after digging a little further, i found this on XDA, and i'm running this now ...

[MOD] [Universal] 02/26/11 CM7 GB Stock Launcher / CM7 GB Mod 3.0 - xda-developers

And it has been quite and awesome stable experience. Thanks for the rock solid performance Prime. Lovin' the stock experience.

Reaction score
I'm sticking to Primed script for both voltage and clock speed. Temp is good, phone is zippy, battery life is par. I'm too lazy to experiment!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Artimis

Reaction score
I'm running 1Ghz at 60......was thinking of bumping it up to 62.

I think if voltage is too low it has adverse impacts on battery life and can cause heat issues also just like too high a voltage can. Can anyone confirm this?

chmcclellan

Reaction score
I will post a CPU Tuner tutorial when the development settles back down, Patrick has been adding features at an impressive rate.

Prime-
Can't wait for the tutorial, CPU Tuner seems much richer than SetCPU, an expert's take will definitely be appreciated.

I mainly wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks in this thread. I have recently been bouncing from ROM to ROM, worried the OG was finally showing its age. Since setting up the deprimed kernel a few days ago, it feels like a brand new phone.

Anyway, much appreciated,
Christian

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I will post a CPU Tuner tutorial when the development settles back down, Patrick has been adding features at an impressive rate.

Prime-
Can't wait for the tutorial, CPU Tuner seems much richer than SetCPU, an expert's take will definitely be appreciated.

I mainly wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks in this thread. I have recently been bouncing from ROM to ROM, worried the OG was finally showing its age. Since setting up the deprimed kernel a few days ago, it feels like a brand new phone.

Anyway, much appreciated,
Christian

I haven't forgotten ;)

He just updated it again.

mightybrick

Reaction score
I haven't forgotten ;)

He just updated it again.
I gave CPUtuner a shot, but it seemed to have more lag and stuttering than with setcpu. I probably didn't have it set up right.

EDIT: the other thing was it didn't like to maintain my min frequency setting of 250Mhz. It kept increasing the min freq to 450. I'm not sure what that was about.

Last edited: