prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I figured the detection code that was entered into git would fail...if they had left it alone....&*%$#! $!#@

Numbers 4 & 5 deprimed kernels are using zram (new method and much better), zram is what broke compcache (ramzswap) for us on Droid...now we have zram and they added detection code for devices that don't have it....guess what happened.

jerroedr

Reaction score
I figured the detection code that was entered into git would fail...if they had left it alone....&*%$#! $!#@

Numbers 4 & 5 deprimed kernels are using zram (new method and much better), zram is what broke compcache (ramzswap) for us on Droid...now we have zram and they added detection code for devices that don't have it....guess what happened.
wait...im confused...lol happens easily

jerroedr

Reaction score
lol. my 3g came back after about 10 minutes...random

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I install and uninstall SetCPU at will, I'm sure we will be able to use it again in the future...if he would simply recompile with the gingerbread SDK things it would let him know of the API that is causing the issue.

It's a simple app to get these stats, just can't find time to even open Eclipse...I don't even have the honeycomb SDK yet.

mightybrick

Reaction score

Is anything special required to use zram? Any setting that needs to be toggled or is it taken care of in the background without any user input? Or is zram what is used in place of compache when compcache is toggled in settings?

Last edited:

foxdog

Reaction score
test 5 use zram? just installed it and im not getting anything under swap. compcache stats in terminal gives me "failed to open /dev/block/ramswap0: no such file or directory" i can flash shahyer's compcache helper thing then install test 5 but i thought ramswap came with your kernels now

DMal9782

Reaction score
I figured as much, just trying to be a good test subject and keep you updated, test 5 running like a beast otherwise

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Re-download and flash, compcache should be working correctly now. Let me know if it doesn't.

jerroedr

Reaction score
did you see my previous reply about the 3g thing?

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice, I just downloaded and will be flashing. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

foxdog

Reaction score
compcache back to working :icon_ banana: and i see its zram now

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't really see the point in compcache, is compressing ram at the cost of performance & battery really worth it?

foxdog

Reaction score
i get pretty good battery and proformance. without compcache, i cant seem to run apps that want lots of memory (like browser and pandora at the same time)

afallucco

Reaction score
You changed up the slots again, I liked the setup before but will have to wait for your overclock to do anything.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You changed up the slots again, I liked the setup before but will have to wait for your overclock to do anything.

It was an accident, I meant to make the top slot 900mhz.