prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You could place it in /system/etc/init.d naming it something like 15noop and chmod it 755 for a permanent fix. Or use scripter, script manager, etc..to run it as root.

To test if noop is being used you can run this:

cat /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Prime
Is the noop scheduler script specific to deprimed kernel or is it something that any non-prime kernels could use and see benefits in overall performance?

Thanks prime.
Really sorry about the foot, but at least this issue seems to pale comparatively to the rest of this 9+ months roller coaster ride.
I hope, because if it's in fact worse, then you really did a number on that dog!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

zachdroid

Reaction score
You guys are the best. Got it running. Thank you so much for the help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime
Is the noop scheduler script specific to deprimed kernel or is it something that any non-prime kernels could use and see benefits in overall performance?

Thanks prime.
Really sorry about the foot, but at least this issue seems to pale comparatively to the rest of this 9+ months roller coaster ride.
I hope, because if it's in fact worse, then you really did a number on that dog!

danceswithbongs

The noop scheduler is in all kernels, a developer can choose to leave out deadline and cfq. My kernels include cfq and noop, I left out deadline as it increases overall system response time to user input in my experiences with it.

Doctor said she doesn't believe my foot is broken, notice how I said "believe"...doctors

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I am not a doctor so I am not pushing the company line, but I had a trusted doctor who made a fitting and logical observation.

There's a reason its called the medical practice not the medical perfect.

Makes a lot of sense after initial shock. We, as human specimens, are actually quite similar to our OGs. No two are exactly alike, so just like roms and kernels, what might work for one person won't for another.

But in this particular situation, I would have said, "You got anyone here that can actually interpret x-rays? I could have stayed home and said my foot bones might be broken."

Of course, in defense, there are 28 individual bones that make up the foot, and a decent amount are pretty small.

I almost have no pinky toe on my right foot since I have stubbed and jammed it several hundred times! Fun times.

danceswithbongs

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I got an invite for Google wave, trading for a Google Voice invite.. PM if interested.

Why when I quoted danceswithbongs last post I got this quote instead?

I am waiting for the radiologist to give me a proper reading of the X-rays. I'm no doctor either but my foot is certainly not jammed, a minute fracture or bone chip is what I believe is the culprit.

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Probably the government!

They try to keep my words from being spread in an attempt to protect the population from the resulting brief disorientation. Very dangerous when driving or using heavy machinery!
Most people don't handle going through the Looking Glass as well as others.

danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
"I am waiting for the radiologist to give me a proper reading of the X-rays. I'm no doctor either but my foot is certainly not jammed, a minute fracture or bone chip is what I believe is the culprit."

Oh, I didn't mean to give the impression that you jammed it, sorry. I think I recall you kicked something. Hope it's micro fracture as your other possible prognosis would stink!

Can somebody please give Prime a break already!

Ooo poor word choice! :eek:
danceswithbongs

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Probably the government!

They try to keep my words from being spread in an attempt to protect the population from the resulting brief disorientation. Very dangerous when driving or using heavy machinery!
Most people don't handle going through the Looking Glass as well as others.

danceswithbongs

LOL, just a tapatalk fluke but it's disconcerting nonetheless. Talk about misquoting someone, it quoted someone else in a different thread.

@danceswithbongs
I knew you weren't making assumptions, that comment was a personal observation ;-)

Last edited:

zachdroid

Reaction score
If you need one pm me your email address and I'll send one your way. Thanks for all you've brought to the d1 and the forum.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
I want to get in on this noop business. I'm unable to use a computer at the moment and its proving difficult for me to find clear instructions. Sorry if I've overlooked it. I have script manager and I'm not a noob so if anyone could link me or help me real quick that would be greatly appreciated.