[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

chikimonke

Reaction score
I've been away for a bit. I know Prime was MIA for a bit and judging by his last post (05/05), that still appears to be the case. Has anyone been in contact with him lately? Just wondering and was concerned about him and his family. I know they've been through the ringer in the last couple of months. Hope he's okay.

+1

I hope he and his family are doing well. If anyone has heard from him at all, pleae let us know.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
My phone started freezing and breaking randomly when I was using this kernel. It would freeze and crash, and my texts would not be sent. I got rid of it right now as I don't want to deal with it, it was working fine for like 20 days. I wonder why? I disabled compucache, used conservative most of the time, and put it on ulv.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
am I blind? I've heard others talk about different speeds of this kernel for the d1. could someone point a blind man in the right direction? looking for a lv 250-1250mhz.

thanks

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

I don't know the details of how to make it stick but this kernel can go as fast or slow as you want (I haven't played around with this kernel too too much yet) I believe part of it is editing the overclock file with your own values (test the Max/min speeds and the vsel (voltage) values in the modified milestone overclock app first though!!)
If you want a premade lv 250-1250 look at chevyno1s kernels

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Thanks for the help

Here was my problem. I was unsure I should install the app milestone overclock, and messing with the config file intimidates me(give me GUI). plus I also had setcpu installed and running. Once I reflashed deprimed and installed overclock for milestone. And, removed setcpu. My D1 has been running fast and cool.

QUESTION I'd like to get this thing humming @ 1250Mhz, but everytime I change the settings in milestone overclock my phone freezes. My guess its the vsel setting of 80 is incorrect. WHAT IS THE CORRECT VSEL SETTING FOR 1250?

Thanks for helping the GUI user

mightybrick

Reaction score
My guess its the vsel setting of 80 is incorrect. WHAT IS THE CORRECT VSEL SETTING FOR 1250?

The correct vsel is whatever your phone needs to be stable at that frequency while still being within safe limits for your processor. Some phones may be stable at 80, others may not. This is due to to variations in each processor at the time of manufacture.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess its the vsel setting of 80 is incorrect. WHAT IS THE CORRECT VSEL SETTING FOR 1250?

The correct vsel is whatever your phone needs to be stable at that frequency while still being within safe limits for your processor. Some phones may be stable at 80, others may not. This is due to to variations in each processor at the time of manufacture.

Yeah, however I agree it would be nice to have vsel values to estimate...like what is considered the standard ulv vsels, lv vsels, and sv vsels for the standard slots up to 1.3ghz

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, however I agree it would be nice to have vsel values to estimate...like what is considered the standard ulv vsels, lv vsels, and sv vsels for the standard slots up to 1.3ghz

Here you go: Peter Alfonso

This is from Peter Alfonso's site, but a while back I believe Prime said these values were good starting blocks. That being said, 84 might be the right value for you running at 1250.

Edit: You might also consider ditching the milestone overclock app and adjust your values manually via Prime's overclock/primed script. The milestone app could be your issue.

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is from Peter Alfonso's site, but a while back I believe Prime said these values were good starting blocks. That being said, 84 might be the right value for you running at 1250.

Edit: You might also consider ditching the milestone overclock app and adjust your values manually via Prime's overclock/primed script. The milestone app could be your issue.

The app is good to see what your phone can actually run stably before permanently applying it

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

The app is good to see what your phone can actually run stably before permanently applying it

That's exactly what Prime's overclock script is for. It's temporary and only persists until you reboot. It's intention was to be able to test different values, then revert back to stock values upon reboot. After you find the values that work for you, you run the primed script and adjust them to what worked for you. With the primed script they will persist after a reboot until you run the deprime script.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
am I blind? I've heard others talk about different speeds of this kernel for the d1. could someone point a blind man in the right direction? looking for a lv 250-1250mhz.

thanks

I don't know the details of how to make it stick but this kernel can go as fast or slow as you want (I haven't played around with this kernel too too much yet) I believe part of it is editing the overclock file with your own values (test the Max/min speeds and the vsel (voltage) values in the modified milestone overclock app first though!!)
If you want a premade lv 250-1250 look at chevyno1s kernels

Thanks for the help

Here was my problem. I was unsure I should install the app milestone overclock, and messing with the config file intimidates me(give me GUI). plus I also had setcpu installed and running. Once I reflashed deprimed and installed overclock for milestone. And, removed setcpu. My D1 has been running fast and cool.

QUESTION I'd like to get this thing humming @ 1250Mhz, but everytime I change the settings in milestone overclock my phone freezes. My guess its the vsel setting of 80 is incorrect. WHAT IS THE CORRECT VSEL SETTING FOR 1250?

FYI... it appears that 86 is the correct setting. milestone app doesn't appear to be any problem.

meishkov

Reaction score
Yea I'd say that 86 may work for you, but for me or somebody else might not. It is quite strange how it seems every single OG does not have the exact same statistics as the next. I'm running 352min at 36, then 584@48, 872@58 and 1047@68 for max_rate and max_vsel, the others are the /proc/overclock/freq_table and mpu_opps. No idea why but I just wanted to come up with some unique settings, the other 600, 700, etc.. are still listed in setCPU info, but with 0.000% after them. Undervolting never seemed to work well with my phone, lv and ulv especially. Going that high makes me think about moving the vsels up a little bit myself.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course Pete's standard vsel chart cuts off the one I wanted to see the 1.25 lol...but I was curious if anyone knows what the usual lv and ulv vsels are...I wanna see if I can actually run under ulv

Last edited:

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Just passing the info what worked for me. I wasn't trying to give definitive #'s to help the next person.

meishkov

Reaction score
Just passing the info what worked for me. I wasn't trying to give definitive #'s to help the next person.

No I hear ya bro, not trying to tell you up or anything like that. Now I'm curious, is your phone still running the 86vsel at 1250 still? Wondering how it's acting for you, and I know it's too early to tell for battery life, but mind posting what you experience? I'm thinking about upping the vsels on my slots as well, just to see if the responses from it are more noticeable, like when opening apps or flipping screens or whatever. Battery life has not been noticeable changing to these slots from the deprimed one...okay maybe it's taken a hit just a little bit. :)