1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Kernel Combo for Wi Fi Tether?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shdwjackal, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shdwjackal

shdwjackal New Member

Hi everyone. Have a question and was hoping you guys could help me out. Went with root from 2.2, but wanted everything to work, so I went with Peter Alfonso's (Bugless Beast) FRG22D Odexed. Rooted, but everything looks stock and works because it pretty much is.

My issue is that I am trying to get wireless tether to work. I have used several different kernels and am getting crappy results. I have also used several versions of Wireless Tether. What I get is it will not connect. It shows up, sometimes, but when I go to connect, it asks for a password regardless of whether that option is checked, and then it just says that the connection could not be made. Anyone know of a combination that works? I appreciate it.
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I've not run Bugless Beast for quite sometime. When I did, however, I did not have any tethering issues. The first time I tethered I used these steps:
    My settings for WiFi tether are...uncheck use Bluetooth, check Enable WiFi Encryption, set up a passphrase (make sure it is 13 characters), change the SSID or leave it default (I left it default), Change channel to 07, power mode active, enable access control unchecked (my preference), change LAN first option, everything else left it the way it was.
    that were provided by Matth3W. They worked then and now.
  3. shdwjackal

shdwjackal New Member

Tried that but I get nothing. I really appreciate you giving it a shot though. Guess I may need to load a ROM with wireless tether established within it if I cant figure this out.
  4. mwhartman

Have you tried Barnacle?
  5. Nblufire12

Nblufire12 New Member

I use Wireless Tether for Root Users on BB 0.5 on my D1 and it works pretty well sometimes.

Do you think barnacle is better?
  6. mwhartman

Like you, I use the wifi tether app. I suggested Barnacle as on option since you had some issues.
  7. shdwjackal

shdwjackal New Member

Ok, I think I may have figured out the issue. I played a hunch and removed my "Y5"app which remembers my wifi settings and controls access to wi fi. Did that, and every single version of Wi Fi Tether I have tried works perfectly. Thanks for the help everyone.
  8. mwhartman

Glad you figured it out and thanks for the tip. This is the first I've heard of y5.