Kernel and multitouch issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Yakuzagang5, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I've put off doing this for awhile, but am finally gonna post it.

I've gone through every single kernel out there, and every single one has weird issues when using multi-touch. (My example app is N.O.V.A.) When moving around while panning view, the movement stick sometimes gets locked in the middle of where my right thumb goes. This is very hard to describe, but try it out.

Also with the Multitouch test app (dunno which exact one) moving your left finger around, and then stopping while holding it and pressing another finger anywhere and releasing your finger, the second finger spot is still detected as being held down until you move your first finger.

Although after all this, i randomly decided to unroot and stock. So I reflashed the stock frg01b SPF file, which comes with the stock kernel overclocked to 800mhz. I found that these issues are NONEXISTENT in the stock kernel.

The reason I am posting this is to maybe get kernel devs to take this stock kernel and tweak the speeds inside of it, and possibly get rid of the weird multitouch issues.

Again, I tested Slayhers, jdlfg, Chevyno1's kernels in this test. And the phone was unplugged, so no jittery issues or anything.

Lemme know what yall think!!!

2. kbnguy

kbnguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    Thank you for sharing your experience.
    At first I thought that it was me or my device.
    It's driving me nut with scrolling jittering sometime

Search tags for this page

droid mulittouch get ride of