[KERNEL][3.28.2011] EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz

CC268

Reaction score
getting about 14+ hours using this kernel plus juice defender on very customized settings (fairly heavy texting, facebook, web browser, market, doing a decent amount of things on the phone)

millwood

Reaction score
Are those links actually the updated ones or are they the old ones from the first release to download?

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Are those links actually the updated ones or are they the old ones from the first release to download?

Its the same file name but the updated verisons.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

tfotos

Reaction score
I just flashed this kernel earlier today before work. What a huge difference in battery life!! I actually love my phone again. I haven't dug a phone as much as this since my D1. My only question is: When are you guys going to develop a kernel that will clean my dirty dishes and possibly do my laundry?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just flashed this kernel earlier today before work. What a huge difference in battery life!! I actually love my phone again. I haven't dug a phone as much as this since my D1. My only question is: When are you guys going to develop a kernel that will clean my dirty dishes and possibly do my laundry?

lol...good question...good luck with that

CC268

Reaction score
ok this should be the last question of the day for me sorry to bug the crap out of you guys but I flashed this over JTs kernel nd there was no robot voice...is that ok? and how do you do the 50 ULV not the SV?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok this should be the last question of the day for me sorry to bug the crap out of you guys but I flashed this over JTs kernel nd there was no robot voice...is that ok?
yea its ok because you were already running voodoo...voodoo over voodoo doesnt prompt a voice as its already converted to EXT4

CC268

Reaction score
ok this should be the last question of the day for me sorry to bug the crap out of you guys but I flashed this over JTs kernel nd there was no robot voice...is that ok?
yea its ok because you were already running voodoo...voodoo over voodoo doesnt prompt a voice as its already converted to EXT4

gotcha and how do you get the 50 ULV I dont know if this is SV or not, I know on PBJ he gave a list of the zips which were 100 50 or SV?

Last edited:

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

gotcha and how do you get the 50 ULV I dont know if this is SV or not, I know on PBJ he gave a list of the zips which were 100 50 or SV?

It looks like there arent diff kernels now so the voodoo in the OP is the undervolted one im currently running

prenedo

Reaction score
So I have been running this kernel (voodoo) for a couple weeks. I'm new to rooting and what not and have never overclocked before. So I downloaded Tegrak Overclock and it allowed me to overclock to 1.2ghz. Just checking that this is going to actually OC my phone? i.e., if I had a kernel that did not allow for overclocking, will this app allow me to 'overclock' the phone, but it just wouldn't work? or would it not allow me to apply it?...

CC268

Reaction score
I found that I actually get much better battery life with the PBJ kernel OC 1.2,,dunno why

m.alziady

Reaction score
Plzz helpy , my galaxy crashed

Sir,

Please help me my Galaxy S software had crashed it is not working any more it is closed and we it is open just have a colored screen , i closed it and open again many times same problem , the software destroyed , What i should do ???? PLZZZZZZZZ.

m.alziady

Reaction score
Plzz helpy , my galaxy crashed

Credit goes to times_infinity @ xda

Original thread is here - [KERNEL][3.28.2011] EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz - xda-developers

No one is responsible if your mess up your phone!!

Hey guys! I'm back to 'redeem' myself from the last troll post I made.

I can assure you guys this is NOT a troll post. This is a legit kernel.

This is built from jt1134's git tree here:
https://github.com/jt1134/linux-2.6-...commits/froyo/

with his original post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1010102

Credit goes to:
jt1134 for all his hardwork with modifying the Mesmerize kernel source to work with our phones, also his work with merging all of the voodoo enhancements.

adrynalyne for his undervolt settings which i took from his git from his eclair kernels.

SirGatez for all of his hardwork with the kernel source code and general awesomeness.

and many many more.

Well here it is people, the EC10 source built kernels with comavolt voltage settings.

Voodoo:
http://db.tt/CaJmXvi

NonVoodoo:
http://db.tt/l0LPzy7

*MIRRORS* Thanks to Danknub!!
Voodoo:
Coming Soon

NonVoodoo:
Coming Soon

Hope they work as they're supposed to. As I said, the only thing I changed was the voltage settings, So they should work just as the latest kernel jt1134 has released.

Update 3-30:
Recompiled with jt1134's latest commits.
Added a 2nd stock volted recovery kernel for those having issues in userland.

Update 4-3:
Still same kernel as last time.
Reverted from seperate kernel system/recovery to single kernel. Flashes system only to preserve recovery since nonvoodoo users reported having stock recovery post flash.

Update 4-8:
Same source as 4-3 only change is oem battery check.
Patched to allow non stock batteries.

Update #2 4-8:
Recompiled with jt's latest commits
oem battery check still patched out.
Will update to jt's latest commits when I get a chance.

Enjoy!!

Sir,

Please help me my Galaxy S software had crashed it is not working any more it is closed and we it is open just have a colored screen , i closed it and open again many times same problem , the software destroyed , What i should do ???? PLZZZZZZZZ.