[KERNEL][03-28-11] PeanutButta Jelly Time

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
100mv makes my phone freeze instantly upon boot up.

50mv works great on my phone though. I seem to get a little better battery with the ComaVolt kernel though.
yea i didnt have too good of luck with the 100mv version either....Im running the standard version ATM and will prob try the 50mv later on

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
100mv makes my phone freeze instantly upon boot up.

50mv works great on my phone though. I seem to get a little better battery with the ComaVolt kernel though.
yea i didnt have too good of luck with the 100mv version either....Im running the standard version ATM and will prob try the 50mv later on

I seen he said there was something wrong with the new kernels, but now had removed them, so I'm giving it another shot. Maybe I downloaded a bad one before he removed it.

EDIT: ha, nope my phone can't handle it.

Last edited:

CC268

Reaction score
voodoo link doesnt work?? which do you download the 0130 or 0330??

CC268

Reaction score
just curious what do you guys set your setcpu settings on for this kernel? I am very unfamiliar with setcpu. Just downloaded it, hard to really tell if its any faster than comavolt

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
just curious what do you guys set your setcpu settings on for this kernel? I am very unfamiliar with setcpu. Just downloaded it, hard to really tell if its any faster than comavolt

I personally dont use SetCPU for anything other than setting CPU levels...I dont use profiles...if you do make sure you leave the governor on conservative.....

Some people were experiencing the sleep of death by setting profiles too low and such....

just a heads up

CC268

Reaction score

I personally dont use SetCPU for anything other than setting CPU levels...I dont use profiles...if you do make sure you leave the governor on conservative.....

Some people were experiencing the sleep of death by setting profiles too low and such....

just a heads up

Ok cool, any tips on increasing speed?? It is super smooth just asking, I can't seem to tell much of a difference between this and Comavolt but maybe I haven't spent enough time on it

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

just a heads up

Ok cool, any tips on increasing speed?? It is super smooth just asking, I can't seem to tell much of a difference between this and Comavolt but maybe I haven't spent enough time on it
I have the standard voltage and I use Tagrak Overclock app in the market to OC to 1.05ghz-1.25ghz smoothly with pretty good battery

The only reason I am on this kernel is because it has the non-OEM battery hack so I can use my 3500mah battery with it....

CC268

Reaction score

just a heads up

I have the standard voltage and I use Tagrak Overclock app in the market to OC to 1.05ghz-1.25ghz smoothly with pretty good battery

The only reason I am on this kernel is because it has the non-OEM battery hack so I can use my 3500mah battery with it....

Ohh ok, gotcha, well i will delete setcpu and get tegrak, maybe overclock a little bit. I would get an aftermarket battery but then my phone probably wouldnt fit in my case :(

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ohh ok, gotcha, well i will delete setcpu and get tegrak, maybe overclock a little bit. I would get an aftermarket battery but then my phone probably wouldnt fit in my case :(

Yea thats the downside but lucky for me I dont care and Im really nice to my electronics so It doesnt bother me....for now

millwood

Reaction score
Any idea why I can't get this to load correctly. Every time I boot this in cwm I get the samsung boot screen loop. I have downloaded it twice and tried both the nv50 and the nv100.

CC268

Reaction score
I get better battery life with this than I was comavolt...nd I was getting 20+ hours easy with that. I think this kernel is more efficient when the phone is idle...i was completely idle while at work tonight for 6 hours nd lost 4%...very good

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums