Kernal Issue?

jayboe

Reaction score
1. Wireless Tether app
When I start the app it claims that it's not the right one and then shuts off the access control (not familiar with). So surfing the web without secure websites... sucks :(

2. Need For Speed (NFS SHIFT $4.99)
It is not in the market while using this rom. I played this game when using Simply Stunning and ApeX without any problems.

3. Is it possible to use another kernal with Darkslide?

I really enjoy the eye candy and functionality in Darkslide. It is definetely my favorite rom so far. Any and all help on this matter would be great!

**************************UPDATE********************************
1. Solved: Installed 3G Hotspot in place of Wireless Tether from .zip sdcard/DarkSlide/AddOns/DarkSlide3G.zip
2. Answered: The game is actually called Need for Speed Shift HD and it is in the market from my other roms but not with Darkslide.
I restored my old rom then went into data/apps and copied the NFS Shift .apk to my sdcard, reinstalled DarkSlide, reinstalled NFS Shift (both sample and full). Working great but still not in the market.
3. Answered: Currently (1-27-2011.7.56pmeastern) the bootloader hasn't been unlocked yet, only hijacked :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
DS comes with free 3G hack and I found NFS Shift right away. It is $9.99 though.

No custom kernals no:(

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
1. Wireless Tether app
When I start the app it claims that it's not the right one and then shuts off the access control (not familiar with). So surfing the web without secure websites... sucks :(

It is not in the market while using this rom. I played this game when using Simply Stunning and ApeX without any problems.

I really enjoy the eye candy and functionality in Darkslide. It is definetely my favorite rom so far. Any and all help on this matter would be great!

1. I'll get back to you...
2. Did you install the Market Update from the DarkSlide 4.2 OP?
3. Sorry- no custom kernels on the Droid X until someone unlocks the bootloader..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
jayboe

jayboe

Reaction score
By 3G hack do you mean it would he just as simple as enabling my wireless tether?
And about the nfs shift, the $10 one is different from the $5 one i do believe. I will have to restore one of my other roms to say for certain. I just dont want to pay for it again just so I can have it on DS :(
The damn game would just have to take the backseat...lol

chefb

Reaction score
What is the difference between wireless tether and 3g hack?

OP
jayboe

jayboe

Reaction score
1. Wireless Tether app

3. Sorry- no custom kernels on the Droid X until someone unlocks the bootloader..

1. Thanks
2. I have left the market untouched and it updated on its on... no more black market. Although i did read on the black market fix.
3. Oh yeah... :) ... i forgot that the kernal hasnt been unlocked yet.

NattyBee

Reaction score
1. Wireless Tether app
When I start the app it claims that it's not the right one and then shuts off the access control

Umm...open wireless tether. Click the menu hard-key. Select settings.
Make sure "enable access control" is not checked. :) let me know if thst helps

NattyBee

Reaction score
1. Wireless Tether app

1. Thanks
2. I have left the market untouched and it updated on its on... no more black market. Although i did read on the black market fix.
3. Oh yeah... :) ... i forgot that the kernal hasnt been unlocked yet.

In the DarkSlide 4.2 OP at MyDroidWorld, there is a Black Market zip. Install that without wiping...

NattyBee

Reaction score
By 3G hack do you mean it would he just as simple as enabling my wireless tether?
And about the nfs shift, the $10 one is different from the $5 one i do believe. I will have to restore one of my other roms to say for certain. I just dont want to pay for it again just so I can have it on DS :(

To install 3G hack:

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select 3G hack (sdcard/darkslide/add-ons/darkslide3G.zip)
Install
Reboot
Enjoy free 3G Hotspot :D

OP
jayboe

jayboe

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks alot for your help. I am about to get busy!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between wireless tether and 3g hack?

Wireless tether will tether 1 device while 3G will tether 5.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I have used wireless tether for root users to tether both mine and my Lovely Lady's laptop at once... ;)

Well slap me around and call me Susan:) I was under the impression you could only do one. Then again I hardly ever use it and its for 1 device :0P

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
jayboe

jayboe

Reaction score

To install 3G hack:

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Install
Reboot

DONE! Working like a charm! I give my same ole network name and password and vioala! there it is auto-connecting to my sissy windows... lol
Thanks .. um... again :)

NattyBee

Reaction score

To install 3G hack:

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Install
Reboot

DONE! Working like a charm! I give my same ole network name and password and vioala! there it is auto-connecting to my sissy windows... lol
Thanks .. um... again :)

Anytime :)