Kernal for .7

mrdroid

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the Bekit kernal on the .62 release into .7?

I can't change the kernal at all on .7 for some reason. And the p3 kernals run like crap on my device and super hot. Bekit's run about 10c cooler.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Same here since switching to the P3 kernels for Sapphire my phone has been running really hot I tried the LV and SV ones made just for Sapphire... usually use Chevy's with no heat issues

mph122074

Reaction score
Sorry guys I couldnt find it...Have you tried the new ones that were posted yesterday???

I will try to find the link...

mph122074

Reaction score
these are the ones that are specific to this ROM...

p3designs.info/sapphire/

I have been running the 1100 standard voltage 2 days now and have not had any heating problems or any battery problems. Have been on my phone all day and it has been unplugged since 7 this morning and still have 50% left...

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
these are the ones that are specific to this ROM...

p3designs.info/sapphire/

I have been running the 1100 standard voltage 2 days now and have not had any heating problems or any battery problems. Have been on my phone all day and it has been unplugged since 7 this morning and still have 50% left...

I'm going to try the standard voltage 1.1 like you have... I only tried the 1.2 Standard yesterday. Hope this helps my heat issues. I have my fail safe temp warning in set cpu set at 42c and I usually hit that at least 2 a day

Thanks for the help!!

OP
mrdroid

mrdroid

Reaction score
I downloaded from ROM manager so I'm not sure when they were posted. But at the time I wasn't able to flash one P3 kernal over another. It would say it was successful but wouldn't actualy change. I installed the Chevy SV 800mhz kernal and it's running a lot better but still about 5-10c hotter than the .62 with bekit's kernal.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering if I use a kernal other then P3droids if I will miss out on any features or functionality, If I can get Chevy's kernals to boot and run stable with this Rom is their anything I would be missing out on?

Read the Wiki and was a little confused.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Just wondering if I use a kernal other then P3droids if I will miss out on any features or functionality, If I can get Chevy's kernals to boot and run stable with this Rom is their anything I would be missing out on?

Not really, most of the features would pretty much go unused by most phone users anyway. Just find whatever kernel you like and runs good on your phone. Just make sure it uses the AnyKernel format.

If your unsure what that is, google ;)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Not really, most of the features would pretty much go unused by most phone users anyway. Just find whatever kernel you like and runs good on your phone. Just make sure it uses the AnyKernel format.

If your unsure what that is, google ;)

What features?

OP
mrdroid

mrdroid

Reaction score
Ok I'm running the LV 800mhz from p3designs.info/sapphire/
Seems to be running a lot better now. I have to use TempMonitor for temp readings though... doesn't seem to be reporting CPU temp. TempMonitor is reporting 29c so CPU temp is probably close to 38-39c. Which is extremely high for idle.

wingdo

Reaction score
Ok I'm running the LV 800mhz from p3designs.info/sapphire/
Seems to be running a lot better now. I have to use TempMonitor for temp readings though... doesn't seem to be reporting CPU temp. TempMonitor is reporting 29c so CPU temp is probably close to 38-39c. Which is extremely high for idle.

CPU temps are not working in the current kernels.

justinthegeek

Reaction score

Most other kernels do not have wifi working with Sapphire.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have not looked in day or so, have the sapphire ones had the extra setcpu profiles added?
the page does not reflect it yet, I am using the stock one from sapphire right now.

and thanks p3 for the kernels, your work is appreciated.