Keeps updating

jennferg

Reaction score
Ok, I forced the update in the begining of Aug, and rooted my phone just this past week. Im running Froyo Kangerade V5.0.9 Pink Lemonade. I just happened to go it to the about phone setting in the menu, and noticed the system updates Froyo is downloading, it doesnt ask to be downloaded, and when it finishes it doesnt reboot. I tryed to reboot it manually, nothing. Just keep downloading. What can I do? Please someone help!! I was thinking to unroot, install update, the reroot. I dont know if thats a good idea? Thanks, Jenn

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think your phone is OK. When you rooted and flashed Froyo Kangerade V5.0.9 Pink Lemonade it will block the OTA install. Since your current rom is a FROYO, unless you want to revert back to unrooted/stock, you do not need to reinstall the OTA update.

Mike

OP
J

jennferg

Reaction score
I can get it to stop. Should I unroot, update it, the reroot? I just want it gone, its killing my battery.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Kinda of the same boat here. Running rooted deodexed FRG22 from Pete and its trying typo force the OTA on me also. Any way to shut that off?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Oks here's hot it works. You're rooted, and running a custom recovery either clockwork or sprecovery. You allow the update to go through and your recoveris will kill it. That will be the end of it. You will not lose root or the ROM you're currently running.
Just let the update go and you will be fine.