1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Keeping swiftkey as default keyboard?

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablet Discussions' started by jackiescivic, Aug 9, 2012.

1. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

I have the 4G 10.1 tablet and I am getting quite irritated. Evert time I power down my tab, when it boots back up, swiftkey is not the default keyboard. I have it set to be default, but it just keeps going back. Is there a way to correct this?
  2. liviococcia

liviococcia New Member

Hi Jackie, I'm having exactly the same issue only on a Galaxy Note 2, how did you solve it?

I've read it's something to do with if your running Jellybean 4.1.1, apparently if you get the latest android update 4.1.2 this sorts the issue.
    Any info would be great thanks
    Regards
    Livio
  3. dancell

dancell New Member

There's an app on the Play store that addresses this flaw. The app will set your desired keyboard on a reboot. Here's a link to it: http://goo.gl/k7QqS
  4. liviococcia

liviococcia New Member

Thanks for posting dancell, this app's a great little problem solver, I've been running Jellybean 4.1.2 for sometime, and I still have this issue.

I haven't installed 'Keyboard Picker' only because rather that running a bit of software, or code at startup, i think the problem should be rectified by either Google Android programmers, or SwiftKey or both of them combined, after all they know the issue exists, and that they are fully aware it's not the right way for things to be left this way, it's a functionality/permissions problem they should sort it out.

Regards
Search tags for this page

galaxy note 2 default keyboard

galaxy s3 default keyboard keeps changing

galaxy s4 how to make swiftkey default

how to make swiftkey default

how to make swiftkey default keyboard

keeping having to choose swiftkey keyboard

make swiftkey default keyboard

note 10.1 keepg going back to stock keyboard swiftkey

samsung galaxy s3 keeps change keyboard

samsung note 10.1 swiftkey default