Keeping swiftkey as default keyboard?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have the 4G 10.1 tablet and I am getting quite irritated. Evert time I power down my tab, when it boots back up, swiftkey is not the default keyboard. I have it set to be default, but it just keeps going back. Is there a way to correct this?

liviococcia

Reaction score
I have the 4G 10.1 tablet and I am getting quite irritated. Evert time I power down my tab, when it boots back up, swiftkey is not the default keyboard. I have it set to be default, but it just keeps going back. Is there a way to correct this?

Hi Jackie, I'm having exactly the same issue only on a Galaxy Note 2, how did you solve it?

I've read it's something to do with if your running Jellybean 4.1.1, apparently if you get the latest android update 4.1.2 this sorts the issue.
Any info would be great thanks
Regards
Livio

dancell

Reaction score

There's an app on the Play store that addresses this flaw. The app will set your desired keyboard on a reboot. Here's a link to it: http://goo.gl/k7QqS

liviococcia

Reaction score
There's an app on the Play store that addresses this flaw. The app will set your desired keyboard on a reboot. Here's a link to it: http://goo.gl/k7QqS

Thanks for posting dancell, this app's a great little problem solver, I've been running Jellybean 4.1.2 for sometime, and I still have this issue.

I haven't installed 'Keyboard Picker' only because rather that running a bit of software, or code at startup, i think the problem should be rectified by either Google Android programmers, or SwiftKey or both of them combined, after all they know the issue exists, and that they are fully aware it's not the right way for things to be left this way, it's a functionality/permissions problem they should sort it out.

Regards