Keeping screen on in "Car Home" mode

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by gallasm, Feb 10, 2010.

1. gallasm

gallasm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all!
    Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I can't imagine someone else hasn't had this question pop into their heads already here on the forum:

Is there a way to automatically have the screen "always on" when it's docked in the dash-mount? I like how the phone automatically goes into "Car Home" mode when you place it in the dock, but it'd be nice it the screen wouldn't time out. I guess the easiest work-around is to plug the car charger into the phone since I've got the setting checked to where the screen stays on while charging, but I don't always want to have to fumble around with the cord. Only reason I ask is because sometimes if I'm navigating through an unfamiliar area, I like to be able to just leave the Maps app open and glance over at the screen to see what streets are around. Any advice would help.

Thanks!
    Gallasm

2. joneee

joneee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get KeepScreen from the market. It's free and will keep the screen on for any app you tell it to. That's what I use and it works fairly well. Make sure you exclude it from your task killer .

3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Screen Mode is another one you might want to take a look at.

4. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just set the phone to Settings>Applications>Development>Stay Awake then check to on. Then plug in your car charger. Whenever the phone charges the display will stay on until you hit the power button/screen off.

Search tags for this page

android car mode alway screen on

car home keep screen on

keeping display on
my s3 keep popping car mode