1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Keeping OG Alive

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Fakecharles, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Fakecharles

Fakecharles New Member

My Droid 1 is still hanging on but the power button doesn't work and now the Volume Down rocker stopped working.

Let's say I found a clean D1 with a broken screen. Would it be very hard to cannibalize those parts? Not hard, but a serious pain? Not hard at all, go for it?

My technical prowess: I'm fearless with a screwdriver, and I don't really know anything.

I looked at some videos and it seems AWFULLY complex to get to the switches.

Is there anyone who has assembled and disassembled OG Droids that can offer up their experience in this area?

Thanks
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

I have no advice to give on this kind of an operation... i just have a request... when the time comes and your about to start dissecting into these awesome devices.. please get it on video for us to see :biggrin:
  3. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

honestly, probably the easiest thing would be to buy another one. They're pretty cheap on craigslist.