Keeping my unlimited data

dan j

Reaction score
I'm planning on upgrading from my D1. I see a lot of folks here that upgrade to a new phone all the time. How do you do that? Are you able to keep your unlimited data plan?

Thanks

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. You will be grandfathered.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
Just paying the ETF (is that amortized now?) and getting a new phone is enough to keep the unlimited?

Gotta run, but thanks in advance.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
No, don't cancel your account and pay the ETF. That will make you lose your unlimited data.

If you aren't eligible for a discounted upgrade yet, then you just have to pay the full retail price for the new phone.

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
Wow, so folks with a lot of phones have spent a lot of dough.

Thanks for the info.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just paying the ETF (is that amortized now?) and getting a new phone is enough to keep the unlimited?

Gotta run, but thanks in advance.

Yea, if you pay for the ETF you will no longer be eligeble for unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

randyking01

Reaction score
if you had unlimited data and you accidentally switched your plan, can you somehow get it back?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you had unlimited data and you accidentally switched your plan, can you somehow get it back?

Probably not. Unless Verizon is in a giving mood. They usually have a "too bad" attitude about things like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Syraz

Reaction score
From what Verizon told me, the unlimited data goes with the phone number as long as you don't cancel it. I took over 2 lines on new account, and still was grandfathered to the unlimited data because those 2 phone #'s had it on the other account. So just never cancel (unless switching to sprint) and you will be safe :)