Keeping My Moto Droid In The Car?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't extreme cold be an issue too? Like for us here in New England?

The most basic danger of extreme cold is rapid temperature change.

Like the guy who gets the bright idea of throwing hot water on his frosted windshield to thaw it out fast, the danger there is taking very cold things into very warm conditions. Thermal inertia between different substances as some things heat up fast while others heat up slower can destroy a ciruit board exposed to rapid temperature differences.

Thank you. Exactly the type of answer I was looking for.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's why I wouldn't do it. I don't have a lot of experience with the Motorola Droid (obviously) but I do have a lot of experience with Lithium Ion (LIon) batteries. They are very susceptible to heat, temperatures over 100° F will greatly diminish their lifespan but that's not the worst...

An overheated Lithium Ion battery can explode and catch fire. Obviously, that would be bad for anything, even a Droid.

I sure wouldn't do it. A battery that explodes and catches fire in a car would kind of suck.

damn, i might have to just leave my droid at home when im at work. I really dont want to break it running around my job anyway.
well one night wen i went to bed i had my phone charging while listening to an audio book and somehow it got under the pillow:| omfg it was HOT HOT HOT the screen went white and it took almost an hour to even see if it still worked. it does but DO NOT have it charging while it's covered ...i woulnd't even cover it now tho it scared me so bad

Inundated

Reaction score
You don't have a main office where you can leave the phone in a locker, a drawer or something, when you first report to work, and pick it up on the way home?

Sounds like you may just go from site to site.