Keeping extra battery in wallet?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you able to get an extended battery? You can just about double the usage and maybe negate the necessity of carrying another battery around.

googlelover

Reaction score
I see what your saying, but for example I use my droid as my primary gps. I'm out a lot with friends and not always in my car where I have access to a charger. I don't want to be afraid to use my droid for gps directions in the fear of my droids battery dieing and being without my phone. I know myself, don't always truly use my phone to the extent I would like to, due to the fact I know the batteries don't last that long and I don't know want to ever be without my droid(phone). An now I can be more inclined to play games and not worry.

I guess I don't depend on my phone as much as other people, for that reason, it's a phone. I can understand using it for work, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people complaining about battery life and needing another battery just use it for entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, I have an extended battery, but if I could go back to the first week I purchased it, I wouldn't have purchased it. I don't need it. I get home and still have 60% life left after a normal day of usage.

lucky, an average day of usage for me i get home from school around 3:30 and it can be anywhere from 80% (if i didn't use it much that day) to 30% (days i abuse it) so an extra battery is a MUST for me if I want to have a working phone all day. And getting an extended battery may be an option for some, but I'm not willing to spend more then 10 bucks on another battery, so if you can find a quality, dependable, highly rated extended battery for that cheap please tell me!

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Are you able to get an extended battery? You can just about double the usage and maybe negate the necessity of carrying another battery around.

I wanted too, but I use my droid in the car dock and I don't think I would be able to use that if I got a extended battery.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
googlelover,

You could've spent another $50 and saved yourself the hassle of carrying around another battery.

I've never known a school to allow someone to use their phone during school hours. I'm a grown man in college, and even the professors tell you to leave if you're caught using it. But, I'm not your parent, so use it as you please, but like I said, it's all about entertainment.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I wanted too, but I use my droid in the car dock and I don't think I would be able to use that if I got a extended battery.

I believe some have solved that by cutting a little of the car dock away. I know the extended won't work in the original multimedia dock, but there are other dock it'll work with.

googlelover

Reaction score
googlelover,

You could've spent another $50 and saved yourself the hassle of carrying around another battery.

I've never known a school to allow someone to use their phone during school hours. I'm a grown man in college, and even the professors tell you to leave if you're caught using it. But, I'm not your parent, so use it as you please, but like I said, it's all about entertainment.

Well my school doesn't technically let us use our phones during class time, but my last 2 period teachers have a don't really care what you do policy so were allowed to use them whenever we want, and we can use them during the breaks (obviously). and yes I could have spent the extra 50 dollars that I don't, and probably won't in the near future be able to afford. Highschool student here with no job yet. I rarely, if ever, have over 20-30 dollars on me, and thats usually for food, some school event that you need to pay for, or until recently football equipment. So, yes 50 dollars is a big investment for me, while i could pay less than 10 on a battery that fits in my wallet perfectly and is no big hassle to carry around or charge.
Edit: and I was serious, you ever find a cheap (doesn't have to be under 10 dollars) high quality extended battery tell me!

Last edited:

Pyzon

Reaction score
I've become a huge fan of the Motorola car dock. Not only does it keep the battery topped off, it also holds the phone at a good angle for viewing maps safely while driving. Like the home dock as well.

BestBuy has both for the Droid 1and 2 on a good sale, i think through Saturday.

techguru

Reaction score
Back on topic, I would not carry a LiOn battery in a back pocket. If it bends our breaks out could get an internal short circuit and ignite our even explode. I carry mine in a side pocket in either a small plastic bag or paper envelope to make sure nothing shorts the contacts.

Alan

SGTiger

Reaction score
I guess I don't depend on my phone as much as other people, for that reason, it's a phone. I can understand using it for work, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people complaining about battery life and needing another battery just use it for entertainment.

For those people who got caught and stranded in these snow storms, the extra battery could be a literal life saver. Even if the phone is used only for entertainment an extra battery is so cheap and thin, it is a no brainer.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Well how about keeping it in my car? I live in Maryland, its not ridiculously cold but it gets down into the teens any given night, battery should be fine in the cold weather right? I'd imagine the temperature range is pretty large.

cb7junkie

Reaction score
I have 3 batteries and an extended battery for my incredible. I always keep a charges one in my wallet. I have done this for six months with no problems. I got 2 batteries plus a batt charger for $10 shipped on eBay.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App