Keeping a rom

Reaction score
How long do you think someone should keep a rom on there phone to see how good there battery life. Im trying to see such rom gives me the best batt life. Iv had a rom give me really good battery life a while ago but can't remember witch one. Thought it was rubix but I don't seenm to be getting good batt life with it. Um even uderclock at 900 and running conserv with gov. So I was thinking that longer you stay with a rom you can tell your batt life or is it noticeable right away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
I could tell within the first couple days.

and FWIW, i have noticed a Blur-based ROM gets better battery life.

I am running Apex 1.4.1 now and it has significantly better battery life than Liberty did.

just remember, all phones are different so one may work better than another, and an older version may work better than a newer version and vice versa.

OP
S
Reaction score
I had on ( can't remember witch one) gave me great batt life. Didn't mess with my phone that much that day and when I got home I had between 70% and 80% left. That was a 9 hour day. I normally play with it a little bit so im happy with 50 to 60% at the end of my day. But l switched roms and now can't match what I had that day even when I don't have time to play with it. Im less then 50% at the end of my day. It was liberty or apex. Thought it was rubix becouse it runs better on my phone. I would think a non blurry rom would give better batt life

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I had on ( can't remember witch one) gave me great batt life. Didn't mess with my phone that much that day and when I got home I had between 70% and 80% left. That was a 9 hour day. I normally play with it a little bit so im happy with 50 to 60% at the end of my day. But l switched roms and now can't match what I had that day even when I don't have time to play with it. Im less then 50% at the end of my day. It was liberty or apex. Thought it was rubix becouse it runs better on my phone. I would think a non blurry rom would give better batt life

i want to say you are typing this through the phone so its a bit hard to read. Im sorry im a bit of a grammar/spelling "nazi". Anyways, it takes a while for you to really know how well the battery lasts on one ROM from another. Reason is because the batt stats/cache thingy needs to be reset but when switching ROMs usually that doesnt reset so the batt stats are out of sync. Thus giving you significant changes in batt life from ROM to ROM. But sometime batt life is worse or better in other ROMs but the batt stats are usually out of sync and you get really weird drops or whatever. Thing to fix it is to fully charge to 100%. The battery voltage has to be @ 4.225. Reboot into custom recovery and go to advanced and the wipe dalvik cache i think. Im not too sure about this though. Let someone else chime in before you go ahead and wipe it. But after that you drain the battery and then recharge fully again and the stats should be in sync after that and then you will know how well the battery life is in a ROM.

2xhighpsi

Reaction score

I want to say that you typed this through the phone because it's a bit hard to read. I'm sorry - I'm a bit of a grammar/spelling "nazi".

Anyway
, it takes a while for you to really know how well the battery lasts on one ROM from another. The reason is because the battery statistics/cache needs to be reset. Switching ROMs usually don't reset the battery statistics/cache, so the battery statistics are out of sync; this causes significant change in battery life from ROM to ROM. Battery life can be better or worse in other ROMs, but the battery statistics are usually out of sync; this causes really weird drops or whatever. To fix this: 1.) fully charge to 100%- The battery voltage has to be @ 4.225v. 2.)Reboot into custom recovery, go to advanced, and then the wipe dalvik cache (I think; I'm not too sure about this though). Let someone else chime in before you go ahead and wipe it. 3.)Drain the battery fully. 4.) Fully recharge again, and the statistics should be in sync; after that you will know how well the battery life is in a ROM.

So you are a bit of a spelling and grammar "Nazi", huh?

Don't worry; I edited your post for you. These are all the edits I had to make for you (not including all the words I eliminated).

I hope YOU typed this from your phone.

turdbogls

Reaction score

I want to say that you typed this through the phone because it's a bit hard to read. I'm sorry - I'm a bit of a grammar/spelling "nazi".

Anyway
, it takes a while for you to really know how well the battery lasts on one ROM from another. The reason is because the battery statistics/cache needs to be reset. Switching ROMs usually don't reset the battery statistics/cache, so the battery statistics are out of sync; this causes significant change in battery life from ROM to ROM. Battery life can be better or worse in other ROMs, but the battery statistics are usually out of sync; this causes really weird drops or whatever. To fix this: 1.) fully charge to 100%- The battery voltage has to be @ 4.225v. 2.)Reboot into custom recovery, go to advanced, and then the wipe dalvik cache (I think; I'm not too sure about this though). Let someone else chime in before you go ahead and wipe it. 3.)Drain the battery fully. 4.) Fully recharge again, and the statistics should be in sync; after that you will know how well the battery life is in a ROM.

So you are a bit of a spelling and grammar "Nazi", huh?

Don't worry; I edited your post for you. These are all the edits I had to make for you (not including all the words I eliminated).

I hope YOU typed this from your phone.

haha....pwn3d :) i suck at spelling/grammer so no need to correct me, i know i suck at it.

to the OP, in my experience Blurry Roms have better battery life than blurless for some reason. when other ROMs try to get the battery life of the stock ROM, you know the stock rom is better.

i was usually down to 15-20% after the end of the day on Liberty....with apex and similar usage, i am right at about 50-60%. i was really surprised with the battery performance. when i install, i always install at 100% battery, and i wipe data/cache/dalvik cache/ and battery stats