Keep your phones charged or you are not flying

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google-Nexus-5-vs-Motorola-Moto-X-TI2.jpg
If you have a cell phone, tablet, or other electronic device and you are traveling to the US from abroad the TSA will be checking your device to make sure it is charged after fears that Al Qaeda may use electronic devices to blow up airliners.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-tightens-security-electronics-overseas-airports-n149186

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The last time I flew was in 1998. I had to prove my cell phone and pager both worked, way back then.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The last time I flew was in 1998. I had to prove my cell phone and pager both worked, way back then.

Interesting. Never heard of it or even considered it really.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Everyday the world seems to get a little bit crazier and people get just a bit more paranoid. It's really sad we live in such a world where people see these devices as potential weapons....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Everyday the world seems to get a little bit crazier and people get just a bit more paranoid. It's really sad we live in such a world where people see these devices as potential weapons....

I think everything now is a potential weapon to them...

jspradling7

Reaction score
"will not allow cellphones or other electronic devices on U.S.-bound planes at some overseas airports if the devices are not charged up"

Just a guess, but it could be that those certain airports don't have scanners to use on carry on items. I've also been asked to turn on a laptop at LAX before flying to Houston.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've had them check my camera and laptop before during one of the pat downs AKA groping session. He took my camera out and asked me to turn it on, then the same with my laptop as he swabbed it for explosives. I almost told him I never keep my laptop near my explosives but I was already late for my plane and didn't want to sit around for a couple of hours.

Flew to San Antonio a few months ago. Laptops have to be removed but tablets/iPods/etc don't. That rule doesn't make sense to me. Also why do some airports make us take our shoes off while others don't care? Too many inconsistencies between TSA across the nation.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thought they got rid of the shoe rule a few months ago, but as you mentioned, the rules are so inconsistent across the nation who knows.

tap'n on my S5

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had them check my camera and laptop before during one of the pat downs AKA groping session. He took my camera out and asked me to turn it on, then the same with my laptop as he swabbed it for explosives. I almost told him I never keep my laptop near my explosives but I was already late for my plane and didn't want to sit around for a couple of hours.

Flew to San Antonio a few months ago. Laptops have to be removed but tablets/iPods/etc don't. That rule doesn't make sense to me. Also why do some airports make us take our shoes off while others don't care? Too many inconsistencies between TSA across the nation.

Got one better for you. You can pay the TSA money and bypass all that....correction "buypass"

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What the.... Yeah that's a great idea.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What the.... Yeah that's a great idea.
That what I said, because all the terrorists who hijacked planes lacked money :rolleyes:
Now if you want to have where you pay a fee to go into the "quick line" where basically there is no waiting but you still get the pat down check along with the same shoe and electronic check then I'm all for it. But to pay a fee and walk past security like it is not a thing because "you are a good citizen and have money" yeah that is the kind of bull that lends to the idea that anything can be had as long as you name the price including boarding an airplane without being subjected to the same treatment the rest of the traveling public are subjected to.

correction light security check not a "no security check"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2