Keep the Nexus or Trade it in for Rezound

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by juggjiggler69, Dec 29, 2011.

1. juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +171
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

2. JohnnyDroid

JohnnyDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit, I can't find any flaws in your reasoning. Every point you make seems to be well thought out and maybe even insightful. Maybe you should just add up the advantages of the Nexus as you list them and the advantages of the Rezound as you list them and make your choice that way.

If nothing else, your post was a good read over my morning coffee.

3. 1quickv6

1quickv6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BWAHAHAHAAH I love this guy!! :)

But seriuously, Now that the Rezound is unlocked and has root, I'm starting to see the appeal of the device. My wife has one and the reception is sooooo much better than my Nexus. Don't we still have until the 12th to return any purchases made in the VZ store and only pay the $35restocking fee?

I'm still hopefull that the software will be updated and the Nexus will improve. I'm getting ready to flash the Gummy 4.0.3 ROM and the new basebands. Hopefully that will make an improvement.

But the Rezound really is a nice phone. I actually like the new Sense UI too.

COME ON SAMSUNG!! DancingNexus

4. juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +171
    I just wish i knew how to do all that other stuff with phones like flashing,rooting ect.

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's really quite simple. The instructions out there are easiest enough for anyone to do it. And the GNex has so much support so if you make a mistake someone will always be able to help you pretty quickly.

As for the rezound, not sure how big their dev community is. I know it took a hit because of the Nexus and the locked boot loader, but maybe that will change now.

6. 1quickv6

1quickv6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And that really is what it's all about. If the Dev support doesn't take off now, there is no point to switching for people like me who love to tinker with their devices.

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah this is my #1 priority as well. I feel like the only advantage the rezound has is the better radio. My signal on the GNex isn't perfect, but its not a big enough issue for me to downgrade in pretty much all other aspects by getting the Rezound.

8. 1quickv6

1quickv6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the camera is a little better too. My wife's pics look amazing compared to mine. It is that noticeable. But then again, a software fix may come down the pipe. Her 2 LEDs for the flash are also a plus.

I'm not sure if having a swappable SD card is a plus or not as I never removed my SD card from my D1 and I feel the 32 GB onboard is sufficiant for my needs. After all the wipes and flashing I've done, I've never lost any of my media files.

I really like the feel of her phone with the extended battery too. And her screen is amazing.

But, I could never leave ICS. GB is a HUGE downgrade in my opinion.

I love my Nexus and I have high hopes for it.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I feel ICS isn't all that amazing. Sure it has some cool features, but when it comes down to it, its still android. And the Rezound will have ICS so I wouldn't use the software as your determining factor on which phone suits you best. Sounds to me like you like the Rezound better.

I wasn't able to compare them side by side, maybe I will try and do that. But NFC, bigger screen, and best dev community will most likely have me keeping the GNex

10. orion2001

orion2001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've held off on getting the GN so far and at this point I am seriously considering the Rezound if dev support for it picks up. I like the feel of the phone a lot better, the camera is really good, and the screen is absolutely gorgeous and crystal clear. The only thing apart from dev support that would hold me back is the fact that I love the larger screen on the GN with all software menu keys. I might just have to wait and see what the next round of ICS phones look like.

11. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Things I don't like about rzound are senseui

And HTC screens are difficult to see in daylight

12. orion2001

orion2001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    But isn't that moot since it has been unlocked and Custom ROMS are around the corner? Hardware wise it is a fantastic phone. Screen is a personal thing. LCD screens are typically not as nice as AMOLED in sunlight, but for me, the 340ppi screen just blows away all the competition and makes browsing/reading on the Rezound a real pleasure. If I do buy it, I won't be buying it till a good custom ROM has been released without any Sense UI or other bloatware.

#12 orion2001, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
Search tags for this page

nex vs resound