Keep screen from going dark during calls

Jim1th

Reaction score
My screen goes blank during phone calls, which from what I understand is what it's supposed to do (for some reason). Then, if you reposition the phone in some way, the screen comes back. To me this is very annoying. Is there a way to trell the Droid to keep the screen active during a call?

semisilentbob

Reaction score
I went with "Shake Awake" but I'd love to know if there was a way to keep it "awake" during a call also.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Try Screebl. It has an option to keep the phone display on or turn it off during calls. I have it turned off, but I assume leaving it on works or they wouldn't have the option.

phone

Reaction score
I believe it goes blank to protect your cheek from hitting the phone buttons. There have been several people ask the same question. A quick search of the archives should give you an answer. Probably not the one you want to hear.

EDIT: And all you have to do is pull it away from your head to have the screen return.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep Screen is the app I use to keep my phone 'awake'. It's a simple list of all applications on the phone and whether or not you want them to have the screen on when the app is in the foreground (phone resumes normal sleep cycle when not in foreground). Unlike Screebl, there's no 'positioning' that triggers it. Just on or off. Simple

Scarlett99

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I get so much more help here than through Verizon or Motorola.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
i had this problem but it was really bad. phone calls would be 'ended' buttons/numbers would be pushed by my cheek etc... i eventually replaced my droid with a new one and the new one works much much better, even when holding phone an inch or two away from my face