Keep razor running well

Eclipse7

Reaction score
How do you keep your razr running well? Cache clean, other stuff? Or do I have to root and optimize through roms and scripts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
How do you keep your razr running well? Cache clean, other stuff? Or do I have to root and optimize through roms and scripts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yes wipe cache does help and requires root with a custom recovery in order to do that. Roms and scripts no as they change/modify your system. Also need root for that as well.

Sent from my Updated and Re-Rooted Og Droid Razr sliced thin! :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There are some apps in the market that will clean cache - if you search History Eraser, there are several there that will not require root and some will clean app cache.

Also, reboot on a regular basis will also refresh the system and keep things running smooth.

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
You dont need to be rooted to wipe the cache on droid razr, mines not rooted yet and ive done it

Sent from my DROID RAZR

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
To wipe the cache on a droid razr that is NOT rooted:

1. Turn the phone off
2. Press and hold the power button and that vol up AND vol down keys all at the same time untill it loads into the screen where you can select "recovery"
3. Use the vol down key to highlight "recovery" then use the vol up key to select it
4. Wait for it to boot up (not pressing anything) untill you see an Android and a ! Inside of a triangle.
5. Once that screen appears, press the vol up and vol down key at the same time
6. It should load the recovery menu, press the vol down key to get down to "wipe cache" then use the power key to select it
7. When it is done, go to "reboot system now" and select it with the power key.

And thats it, no root needed

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
To wipe the cache on a droid razr that is NOT rooted:

1. Turn the phone off
2. Press and hold the power button and that vol up AND vol down keys all at the same time untill it loads into the screen where you can select "recovery"
3. Use the vol down key to highlight "recovery" then use the vol up key to select it
4. Wait for it to boot up (not pressing anything) untill you see an Android and a ! Inside of a triangle.
5. Once that screen appears, press the vol up and vol down key at the same time
6. It should load the recovery menu, press the vol down key to get down to "wipe cache" then use the power key to select it
7. When it is done, go to "reboot system now" and select it with the power key.

And thats it, no root needed

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I gave you your first "like"! Good explanation and very helpful.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Good information on the cache wipe without root. Though I've not yet seen a reason to do so in this phone yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
I was having slight lag and FC issues right after doing the last update so i wiped the cache and it seems fine now, thats the only time ive used it though

Sent from my DROID RAZR